Are the Steelers done?

El Ramster

12 hours ago, showtime said:

Over the past two years or so, Antonio Brown seems different.  The Facebook live thing, throwing a tantrum on the sideline when he wasn't getting the ball thrown to him and the little outburst on Twitter that he continues to have.  He went from never making waves to a guy who is in the news more and more for distractions off the field.

I agree.  I think all the media hype about him being the best WR on the planet has gone to his head and now he's gone into full-on OBJ mode.  He is a selfish diva WR nowadays, whereas a couple of years ago he was very unassuming and just did his talking on the field.  Clearly he's still a tremendous talent and probably is the best WR in football but he's now become an almost weekly distraction which takes away from that talent a bit in my opinion.  

I think they are done from this standpoint, they dont know how to handle situations correctly. Big Ben talked about possibly retiring. What he really was doing was not happy with Todd Haley. Its amazing how as soon as Haley left Big Ben hasnt mentioned about retirement. They havent handled the Bell situation from the start. Now they are dealing with the AB situation when honestly they have let him get away with little things in the past. That is going to be the Steelers downfall. Too many things they have to focus on that is not on the field related. They need to focus on how in the world they gave up 6 td passes from Mahomes? They need to focus on how did they blow a 21-7 4th quarter lead against the Browns that ended up in a tie? Instead the Bell situation is still looming and now the AB situation is on the front burner. Like thats the Steelers downfall. 

18 hours ago, megatechpc said:

I agree.  I think all the media hype about him being the best WR on the planet has gone to his head and now he's gone into full-on OBJ mode.  He is a selfish diva WR nowadays, whereas a couple of years ago he was very unassuming and just did his talking on the field.  Clearly he's still a tremendous talent and probably is the best WR in football but he's now become an almost weekly distraction which takes away from that talent a bit in my opinion.  

Not trying to compare the two, but this really makes you appreciate guys like Larry Fitzgerald and Julio Jones.

2 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

I just don't think the Steelers will ever beat a Belichick-led Patriots team outside of the outlier game here or there. And, at this point, I just don't think we're very good.

Here's a hypothetical for you.  How many SB appearances do the you think the Steelers have under Tomlin if they were in the NFC? 

21 hours ago, megatechpc said:

Full OBJ? He's never done anything on his level.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

Not trying to compare the two, but this really makes you appreciate guys like Larry Fitzgerald and Julio Jones.

Well, as a Falcons fan I've ALWAYS considered Julio to be a better WR than AB or OBJ, not necessarily in terms of just his play on the field, but because of how mature and unselfish he has always been.  I know he did make some noise this off season (which was shocking to me because of how unassuming he has always been) but he still showed up when it mattered and he absolutely gives it his all on every play of every game.  Its also unfair a bit to criticize him for the lack of TD's just because teams always double and triple cover him in the RZ and Ryan has generally not tried to force the ball to him when covered like that, being content to go to the other receivers.  

Fitz is probably a top 5 WR of all time (if not higher) and its astonishing what he's still able to do at his age nowadays.  I have so much more respect for him than I ever will have for AB or OBJ, that's for sure.

On 2018-09-17 at 2:47 PM, El ramster said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AB84/status/1041710739642376193?s=20

In a bizarre turn of events! The turmoil has spilled into the field. The whole

Bell situation has carried over and has

caused chaos. Should the Steelers trade Antonio and Bell and look to reload? 

People who are mad or drunk always speak the truth. The diva side of Antonio Brown has seemed to let loose. Discuss. 

Or can the Steelers steer the ship and get back on track? 

the real issue is the DC and the D. Everyone knows that Bell is as good as gone and they aren't getting anything for him or from him most likely, a waste.  AB isn't the problem unless he does in fact require 20+ targets a game to keep him from throwing fits, that could be but I am not sure if he is mad about that.  I would keep AB unless he is a real problem in the locker room and if we had someone that knew how to actually draft players that suit our needs and scheme if we even have a scheme anymore.

As for a trade, what would he be worth on the trade block?

Tomlin has no discipline on this team and the personnel decisions are bad. Scheme doesn't suit some players, and then reaching for players in the draft also contributes. 

Last season they had a really easy schedule and had several close games, so the 13-3 could have been 9-7. This year they have a difficult schedule and much more drama and missing their starting RB (but getting more production FWIW)  Injuries to Decastro and Haden and as a result this year could be good at 9-7 unless the D gets fixed.  

When was the last time a team with one of the worst defences had a winning record when their schedule was difficult ? Thats where the Steelers are at right now. Stephen A Smith is disgusted with the D, it's that bad. 

18 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I think they are done from this standpoint, they dont know how to handle situations correctly. Big Ben talked about possibly retiring. What he really was doing was not happy with Todd Haley. Its amazing how as soon as Haley left Big Ben hasnt mentioned about retirement. They havent handled the Bell situation from the start. Now they are dealing with the AB situation when honestly they have let him get away with little things in the past. That is going to be the Steelers downfall. Too many things they have to focus on that is not on the field related. They need to focus on how in the world they gave up 6 td passes from Mahomes? They need to focus on how did they blow a 21-7 4th quarter lead against the Browns that ended up in a tie? Instead the Bell situation is still looming and now the AB situation is on the front burner. Like thats the Steelers downfall. 

Your post  sums it up .

Ben has his way now, and has said he wants to play another 3 years and wasn't happy they drafted Rudolph etc. Tomlin has no control of the players, and this is getting to the point that it will take effort to correct if someone else is to step in and try to fix this.

According to playbook, mahommes missed a few TD's, so imagine how bad the secondary is.  Out of all the issues, the  main problem is the D, just terrible in the secondary with safety play that is costing the team and CB play that isn't far off either. Losing Haden hurts the secondary but this is where depth and coaching should help but the secondary has fallen apart from watching the game last week.

Schlereth said that fro the last 6 years this has been the most talented team and I have to agree, or at least most of the years anyways it was close. The most underachieving team I can remember over such a period of time. 

16 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Turn out the lights, the party's over

If we counted all the wins your team has had since the start of the 2016 season, it would at least be more than the number of quality posts you have.

Archived