Are the Steelers done?

El Ramster

What exactly is Tennessee doing schematically with their defense? Did they throw out lebeau's 3-4 zone defense completely? or just modify it with some big nickel and faster ilb's?

I know the steelers imo, are having a helluva time with BOTH personnel, and that scheme working with the targeting/roughing rules...

They aren't SB contenders without Bell, plain and sim. If they don't have Levon Bell they can eek out a playoff appearance and at best make a Divisional Playoffs appearance. With Bell and health permitted they can beat KC and NE if they have home field advantage.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2018 at 2:03 PM, berlin calling said:

their D lacks quality, the few guys worth a damn are underperforming. Offense is not up to speed yet and can't cover the short comings of a D currently performing well bottom 10 of the league. they'll get there and probably get to 9 wins but their SB window is slam shut iyam. 

Good Response. I think that's pretty close, for this season. The Steelers could get some pixie dust on offense...but that defense cant get us through the playoffs. Now if they would learn to chuck tight ends, like New England is doing with Kelce....Nah, they won't do that.

On 10/2/2018 at 12:20 AM, Classic said:

They aren't SB contenders without Bell, plain and sim. If they don't have Levon Bell they can eek out a playoff appearance and at best make a Divisional Playoffs appearance. With Bell and health permitted they can beat KC and NE if they have home field advantage.

This is a very poor assessment.

Us not having Bell has NOTHING to do with why we arent a SB contender.   Conner has been very good for us.      Our OLine sucked the first 4 games (partly due to injuries), Ben was missing easy passes, our defense couldnt stop a Pop Warner team, and our coaching decisions were abysmal.    

Bottom line, our defense and coaching will continue to be our downfall, with or without Bell.  

On 2018-10-02 at 12:20 AM, Classic said:

Last I checked the 2 teams in the SB last year never had a Bell on their roster.  The real issue with the steelers is the D especially if there are communication breakdowns .  

3 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Last I checked the 2 teams in the SB last year never had a Bell on their roster.  The real issue with the steelers is the D especially if there are communication breakdowns .  

Lol whatever you say. I remember Bell being the reason you guys beat good KC defense a few years back. We'll see come January who's right.

12 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Counter point: The two teams int he SB next year didn't have a single player on the Steelers' roster. You guys are toast.

At least we have Danny Amendola.

Archived