Beast Of The East - NFC East Discussion Thread

D82

On 1/31/2018 at 3:24 AM, DaBoys said:

Seems like a lateral move. Cousins was good but not great. So is Alex Smith.

Alex Smith is more of a game manager though. He excelled in Kansas City sure, but I'm not sure he'll do as well in Washington. My guess is he'll have a passer rating around 91 in 2018.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Alex Smith is more of a game manager though. He excelled in Kansas City sure, but I'm not sure he'll do as well in Washington. My guess is he'll have a passer rating around 91 in 2018.

Definitely doesn't strike fear in my heart. We beat Cousins twice and Alex Smith with the chiefs, this year. And we sucked this year.

43 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

This has no chance of actually happening, but the fact it has even been thrown out as a possibility is LMAO worthy.

What a mess that organization is. 

LMAO...watch them tag him and then no one trades for him!  Gonna have like $50m tied-up in a QB controversy! But on a serious note, they're probably bluffing and putting out feelers to see if other team FOs start maneuvering players/cap space. If I had to guess, they'll end up releasing him.

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

on a side note...

Cleveland has put together an impressive FO if nothing else. 

The Year is 2021, the Browns have just won the Super Bowl. Meanwhile, Dallas is coming off yet another (no playoff, one and done, etc. - pick your poison) season under coach Jason Garrett. Jerry says we must continue to trust the process.

• Like 3

One thing I have realized over this past year is that the NFL is a flavor of the month/year organization when it comes to what style of offense or defense wins.

Today it is the RPO. The team that builds a defense that can counter it effectively will be your next champion, IMO.

Fortunately, we do have an offense that can do just that if we do two things.

1. Retool our Oline to beat any Dline in the running game.

2. Play ball,control offense with our passing game.

As this goes, structure our defense to best counter the RPO offense.