2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Hopefully Flacco goin to Denver dosen't mean they won't still take a QB :(

It doesn't. This means they likely eat the cap hit and cut Keenum. Flacco has no roster bonuses so he can be cut at no cost whenever as well. I wouldn't be shocked if they still took a QB

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Hopefully Flacco goin to Denver dosen't mean they won't still take a QB :(

Doubtful. Trading for Flacco signals an all-in approach and we've seen Elway go that route before. Not the same team they had back then but I'm guessing they'll be looking to add an impact player for 2019 in the draft now, not planning for their future after Flacco. If anything, Denver could be a team that trades down now for a team who is looking QB. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Doubtful. Trading for Flacco signals an all-in approach and we've seen Elway go that route before. Not the same team they had back then but I'm guessing they'll be looking to add an impact player for 2019 in the draft now, not planning for their future after Flacco. If anything, Denver could be a team that trades down now for a team who is looking QB. 

I just hope they still love Lock and want to groom him for a year.

27 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Hmm....probably takes Denver off the board for drafting a QB at 10. 

Elway should immediately be removed from his position if he were to snag a QB @ 10 while having Keenum and Flacco on his roster  -  which leads me to think that both these older, more expensive QBs wont be on the roster - which leads me to think Keenum may be going back on the market.....which leads me to think.....I'll get back to you when any additional thoughts come to me about this :)

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So they let them in the league without issue, but the don't allow access to all 32 teams to interview and get to personally know players red flagged players in a centralized location. Sound logic NFL. What exactly are you accomplishing here?

Two letters..... PR.

Archived