2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

Walterfootball is keeping track of prospect meetings since the East-West Shrine game. The Packers apparently have seen the following:

Nick Brossette, RB, LSU (EW)

Blace Brown, CB, Troy (EW)

Lukas Denis, S, Boston College (EW)

Penny Hart, WR, Georgia State (SR)

Daylon Mack, DT/NT, Texas A&M (EW)

Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida (COM)

Cody Thompson, WR, Toledo (EW)

Olisaemeka Udoh, OT, Elon (EW)

1 hour ago, Chili said:

Walterfootball is keeping track of prospect meetings since the East-West Shrine game. The Packers apparently have seen the following:

Nick Brossette, RB, LSU (EW)

Blace Brown, CB, Troy (EW)

Lukas Denis, S, Boston College (EW)

Penny Hart, WR, Georgia State (SR)

Daylon Mack, DT/NT, Texas A&M (EW)

Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida (COM)

Cody Thompson, WR, Toledo (EW)

Olisaemeka Udoh, OT, Elon (EW)

Big fan of Dylan Mack! Hopefully we can land him, he has been real impressive thus far.

Interviewing a lot of RBs. Could see Williams fighting for a job next year if the staff isn't about his skillset, and they will be less than Mac's guys were. Still think that's a too valuable skillset not to have around. Probably better as your #3 back, but not sure the capital is worth paying for that upgrade. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Interviewing a lot of RBs. Could see Williams fighting for a job next year if the staff isn't about his skillset, and they will be less than Mac's guys were. Still think that's a too valuable skillset not to have around. Probably better as your #3 back, but not sure the capital is worth paying for that upgrade. 

MM’s staff seemed to like the jack of all trade guys. I’m ok with that if they are VERY good as all. I agree about Williams though. Ok runner, ok pass catcher pretty good blocker but as a RB, no one thing stands out

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think they'll for sure take another RB for sure, but I don't think it's because Williams will be fighting for a job. He'll make the roster. However, A Jones has had 3 knee injuries in 2 seasons and if you're going to run the rock as much as MLF has indicated they are, you're going to need talented backs.

Does any of you know of any good youtube accounts which covers the draft in the style of Cheeseheadtv Packers Daily (eg. talk about players strengths and weaknesses, the major talking points, answers questions from fans etc)

I'm not interested in mock draft style chat or hype videos. Thanks.

Well, apparently, several post-Combine mocks have Rashan Gary falling to us at #12 with various teams looking for QBs. :D

There's no way you don't pull the trigger there, right? Even if he's not used as an edge rusher as consistently as we'd like for such a high pick (though he has the ability to play both 5 tech and edge rusher, which is a plus in Pettine's defense).

16 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Well, apparently, several post-Combine mocks have Rashan Gary falling to us at #12 with various teams looking for QBs. :D

There's no way you don't pull the trigger there, right? Even if he's not used as an edge rusher as consistently as we'd like for such a high pick (though he has the ability to play both 5 tech and edge rusher, which is a plus in Pettine's defense).

Depends how his drills look. His lack of production is concerning.

38 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

I wouldn't touch him.  I personally don't feel like he loves football.  It is a means to end for him.  The end being financially secure.  From the pressers I heard from Gute/Murphy, they want guys who love football.  

Charley Casserely Mock:

GB @ #12 - Jonah Williams - OL - Green Bay needs pass rushers, but protecting Aaron Rodgers takes priority. (Four EDGE taken in top 5 picks).
GB @ #30 - Irv Smith - TE - Smith is the second-best tight end in the draft. (Hockenson to DET @ #8).

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

P.S. got the Combine recording and watching after work. Don't spoil times for me in this thread.

"Oh, it’s all about you. You let us know when you’re all set, Captain You Planet"

- Brian Regan

Archived