2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Now it's a bit more common knowledge than before you typed this cause I didnt realize that.

So - if sought out - theres a voice inside the room for an up close and personal POV. Interesting. Not sure how it changes things - but an added dynamic - potentially. Again, I dont think GB has Simmons on their board. Call it "just a feeling"

Why would they bring him in for a visit if he wasn’t on their board?  Possible he could be removed after his visit if they didn’t check all the boxes, but as of yesterday morning you’d think he have to be.

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I really need the draft to get here...

:)

We're still quite a few days away from "Countdown Clock" status.....but I agree with you.
If would be nice if this thing was next Thursday rather than a week from.

1 minute ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Why would they bring him in for a visit if he wasn’t on their board?  Possible he could be removed after his visit if they didn’t check all the boxes, but as of yesterday morning you’d think he have to be.

Hey - could very well be. I certainly dont know - but - I suspect they'll pass because of the character issues - or at least pass long enough that some other team will snag him.

As I've said: In the past I've been in favor of GB giving these guys a shot. It's never happened - so I dont extend a great deal of confidence / hope they'll start now.

6 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Yep, bring in the guy to get your own doctors to look at the knee. 

3 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Anyone know what Risner’s RAS is for a guard?

For all 3 OL spots:
Center: 7.69 Great size, poor speed, great explosion, good agility
Guard: 7.86 Good size, okay speed, great explosion, great agility
Tackle: 6.58 Poor size, poor speed, good explosion, great agility

The obsession with Burns.

At 20, I like Polite over Burns. That was a great precombine take. I still feel ten times better about Polite's film than Burns, again a very common view before. But now you are crazy to pass on Burns at 12 or take Polite before round 3.

Can anyone  even say what the "turn off" (aka smokescreen) was in the interviews. What was it?  a big nothing burger. I'm much more confident that Polite will figure it out and has the tools to get it done at the next level. He's a natural player and can get it done many ways. His only draw back is strength.  

He gets dinged for the injury obviously, but I actually give him plus marks for the "bad interviews". Just think that was pretty funny. Not like Burfict. Much rather see a kid mess it up than someone who gives all the "right answers".

4 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

At 20, I like Polite over Burns. That was a great precombine take. I still feel ten times better about Polite's film than Burns, again a very common view before. But now you are crazy to pass on Burns at 12 or take Polite before round 3.

Can anyone  even say what the "turn off" (aka smokescreen) was in the interviews. What was it?  a big nothing burger. I'm much more confident that Polite will figure it out and has the tools to get it done at the next level. He's a natural player and can get it done many ways. His only draw back is strength.  

He gets dinged for the injury obviously, but I actually give him plus marks for the "bad interviews". Just think that was pretty funny. Not like Burfict. Much rather see a kid mess it up than someone who gives all the "right answers".

"His only drawback is strength" after you literally argued with me that Burns wouldn't be a good pick because he wasn't stout enough. Burns production > Polite, Burns pre-draft process > Polite, Burns athleticism at increased weight > Polite.

AND I REALLY LIKED POLITE. I was big on him at 12 before the pre-draft process, but you can't show up fat and answer questions like a child and then get hurt in the pre-draft process and not tumble down boards.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol, the 2009 draft class was probably top 5 in all the NFL since 2009. 

Clay Matthews, BJ Raji and TJ Lang. 

9 pro bowls.
1 first team all-pro
2 second team all-pro
2 iconic plays that are both top 100 in Packer history

With the first pick only playing six years.

That was a very good draft.  We also got Jamon Meredith, who bounced around the league for a while.  Jarius Wynn, who was an okay role player.  And Brad Jones, who was a steal for a 7th rounder.  

3 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

The only guy with a Burns obsession is you.  You just keep going on about it.  Your obsession has now reached the level of trying to convince us (or maybe just yourself) that POS Polite is better risk than Burns.

You're the guy who called people idiots if they didn't consider 'character' a big check point for the Packers. Now you're going to bat for a guy who **** the bed in interviews and has one of the biggest 'character' issues in the draft.  But, now you done your usual 180 and try to frame his failure in interviews as a positive?!?!?

Your total flip flopping is wearing thin, you don't just change your mind over a couple of days, it is usually within a couple hours.

You also stated previously that you didn't even pay attention to the draft for a while, but thought you'd get back to it this year.  Now you think you're in lock step with the FO?!?!  I remember you from the old PC forum.  I know it's you, others here recognize your style.

12 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

"His only drawback is strength" after you literally argued with me that Burns wouldn't be a good pick because he wasn't stout enough. Burns production > Polite, Burns pre-draft process > Polite, Burns athleticism at increased weight > Polite.

AND I REALLY LIKED POLITE. I was big on him at 12 before the pre-draft process, but you can't show up fat and answer questions like a child and then get hurt in the pre-draft process and not tumble down boards.

1) Polite's film is way better

2) 12 vs 20 is a huge difference.

Nothing else to say. And I am fine with passing on him, but Polite is already miles ahead in the run game. It's actually on film. I don't want a projection at 12. Can you understand that? Why also I just can't see Sweat there. He's more a 20 also. 

12 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

The only guy with a Burns obsession is you.  You just keep going on about it.  Your obsession has now reached the level of trying to convince us (or maybe just yourself) that POS Polite is better risk than Burns.

You're the guy who called people idiots if they didn't consider 'character' a big check point for the Packers. Now you're going to bat for a guy who **** the bed in interviews and has one of the biggest 'character' issues in the draft.  But, now you done your usual 180 and try to frame his failure in interviews as a positive?!?!?

Your total flip flopping is wearing thin, you don't just change your mind over a couple of days, it is usually within a couple hours.

You also stated previously that you didn't even pay attention to the draft for a while, but thought you'd get back to it this year.  Now you think you're in lock step with the FO?!?!  I remember you from the old PC forum.  I know it's you, others here recognize your style.

You don't even know what character is.

I saw nothing but plus character in Polite. I watched his interviews. 

The "bad" character is just a smoke screen to get him to drop. Not buying the media hysteria at all. As with most the ONLY question on Polite is how much he loves the game but he seems to a lot from what he says and what he does also on the field.

4 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

1) Polite's film is way better

2) 12 vs 20 is a huge difference.

Nothing else to say. And I am fine with passing on him, but Polite is already miles ahead in the run game. It's actually on film. I don't want a projection at 12. Can you understand that? Why also I just can't see Sweat there. He's more a 20 also. 

Just wear the L, man.

Archived