Let the Mayfield Mayhem Begin

Dawgpoun8017

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Someday you guys will learn that those talking heads/hot takers don’t actually believe that stuff they just say it for ratings. Which is working in his case right now. 

U are absolutely right, cowherd is a "click bait" guy, but to be fair to cowherd he's a California guy, so darnold for him makes sense, After beating Alabama and Oregon how many of us banged the table for cardale Jones??? And let's face it, if you already have your guy Baker gives you enough reasons to dislike him, cowherd does nitpick though. Geez dude grabbed his crotch, planted a flag, got arrested and tackled by the police, all easy targets, but Colin chose didn't celebrate with teammates, not because it was right,but it's a bigger clickbait story, cowherd is an a$$ but he's smart, Baker is a team guy, his teammates Oklahoma and Cleveland obviously love the guy....... So the cowherd comments again fuel Mayfield. Advantage baker

Baker just needs to be a distributor for us. Don’t know anything about basketball but I think like a point guard would be a comparison?

Get the ball out on time and let our weapons do work.

Pretty much every throw the other night was spot on in terms of timing and ball location. Other than that one throw that should have been intercepted in the end zone.

If he can be the guy to distribute the ball in a ‘death by a thousand paper cuts’ style, without turning it over, we are onto something. We can then use our rapidly developing defense to suffocate the other team. We could basically be a better version of the Jags because we would actually have a QB that consistently moves the ball and won’t turn it over.

I think Mayfield and the staff should focus on him being a guy who can run long drives, rather than to try and hit the big play too often. Mayfield seems to be of the right poise and mindset to be able to sustain long drives and tire out defenses. Then our own well rested crew can come onto the field and wreck the game.

45 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Baker just needs to be a distributor for us. Don’t know anything about basketball but I think like a point guard would be a comparison?

Get the ball out on time and let our weapons do work.

Pretty much every throw the other night was spot on in terms of timing and ball location. Other than that one throw that should have been intercepted in the end zone.

If he can be the guy to distribute the ball in a ‘death by a thousand paper cuts’ style, without turning it over, we are onto something. We can then use our rapidly developing defense to suffocate the other team. We could basically be a better version of the Jags because we would actually have a QB that consistently moves the ball and won’t turn it over.

I think Mayfield and the staff should focus on him being a guy who can run long drives, rather than to try and hit the big play too often. Mayfield seems to be of the right poise and mindset to be able to sustain long drives and tire out defenses. Then our own well rested crew can come onto the field and wreck the game.

Baker takes what baker wants. He wants the big play, you give him the big play. You don’t change the way he plays the game. You just need to call plays that puts him in good situations. 

Sustained drives or big drives. Just get at least a first down. 3 and out kill defenses.

On 9/21/2018 at 1:58 PM, zelbell said:

Consider me an official fan of the Rally Possum

I really think the rally Possum is being Underrated here....

rallypossum.jpg

Baker Mayfields Spirit Animal....Or is it Bob Wyle's Spirit Animal???? Bobby Dub strikes me as a guy who hates Stretching as much as Valets, but would definitely have a Possum as a spirit animal.

On 9/21/2018 at 6:19 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah he was throwing absolutely lasers out there.

Not sure how anyone ever questioned his arm, it’s legit as hell.

Some of those throws, especially across the middle were absolute frozen ropes.

Not only does he have Enough Arm Strength.....something different I notice about the ball he throws.....that I think will help in Cleveland. Look at all the passes he threw when he was setting his feet...the balls comes out in an ULTRA tight spiral. Which I think will help him a LOT when the weather gets bad, the tighter the spiral the less wind gusts and precipitation will affect the pass. I think it also "evens" out things a bit, for instance...Josh Allen throws a football more MPH's than Baker, but Baker throws a football with more RPM's than he does. I think both are a function of being able to play in bad weather games, so while baker may not throw a pass that moves as fast as Allen, I think Mayfield throw's a pass that will be less affected by the elements....

Just my Humble Opinion.

draftdaygreatness.jpg

Sonny Weaver Jr. had "Baker Mayfield No matter What" on that piece of paper in Draft Day 2 LOL

@DaWg_LB. I agree about the rpm’s, but the MPH isn’t far off Allen either (62/62, left and right, for Allen vs 59/60 for Baker).  

No one else hit 60mph.

Neither did anyone in 2017 either.

Or 2016.

Bryan Bennett and Logan Thomas are the only other QB’s to hit 60 mph in the last decade.

Not saying a big arm is everything, but it definitely dispels the myth he doesn’t have the arm to play in Cleveland.  There aren’t many arms better in fact.

It’s only a perceived issue because of his size.

55 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@DaWg_LB. I agree about the rpm’s, but the MPH isn’t far off Allen either (62/62, left and right, for Allen vs 59/60 for Baker).  

No one else hit 60mph.

Neither did anyone in 2017 either.

Or 2016.

Bryan Bennett and Logan Thomas are the only other QB’s to hit 60 mph in the last decade.

Not saying a big arm is everything, but it definitely dispels the myth he doesn’t have the arm to play in Cleveland.  There aren’t many arms better in fact.

It’s only a perceived issue because of his size.

Did Mahomes throw at the combine? I feel like he would have been for sure over 60 mph 

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

** shrug **

Maybe they messed up Mahomes' velocity.  Watching him chuck it makes me think he is 60+, but I think your point still stands.  Baker has plenty of arm.

But you're still full of Baker bits.  And so am I.

4 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

The arm did it's job, that throw was going to hit Landry in the hands. The eyes failed him, he didn't see the safety coming over from the middle of the field.

I still don’t think Hue would have made a move to Mayfield during the game if not for Tyrod getting hurt. And who knows about this week. We’d likely be sitting at 0-2-1. If we’d have just made the right move from the beginning I have to believe we’d be 3-0. Just another example of how our HC has held this team back.

30 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

The arm did it's job, that throw was going to hit Landry in the hands. The eyes failed him, he didn't see the safety coming over from the middle of the field.

Oh I see why you wrote that. It sounds like I was saying the throw was inaccurate. No I didn’t mean that, I meant that every throw/decision was good, except that one.

That will happen in most games. Important not to overreact to those mistakes he will make.

Archived