Let the Mayfield Mayhem Begin

Dawgpoun8017

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If Baker wins a super bowl, he surpasses Lebron.

Surpasses LeBron how? Greatest figure in Cleveland sports? I don't think that's a fair sentiment.

Using the logic that the Browns mean more to Cleveland than the Cavs, therefore a Browns Championship would carry more weight that LeBron's entire career and life as a child of Northeast Ohio? 

I don't think he can ever "surpass" what LeBron meant to this city. He's the all time greatest player of his respective sport. That's why I cannot agree with you here.

HOWEVER, a Browns Super Bowl > a Cavs championship. That's for damn sure. And if Baker's a part of that, he's on Cleveland's Mt. Rushmore, but to say outright that Baker "surpasses" LeBron, to me, is completely unfair. 

2 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

You are good at excusing terrible coaching decisions. 

The excuses aren't good, but you sell them well.

I’m not making an excuse, I’m just viewing it as what I would do as a head coach. I coached for 3 different HS teams. Each seasons, the starter never got less reps just so the back up QB could get reps with the 1s Incase of an injury. The only time any kind of a back up took reps from a starter was when the back up was going to play like the back up LBs, Defensive linemen, corners, RBs. And WRs. The players who would get tired and would need a sub for a play or two. Those would be the only guys to get reps with the 1s or the 1st unit. Only Time a starting QB would come out is if something special was going in. 

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

I’m not making an excuse, I’m just viewing it as what I would do as a head coach. I coached for 3 different HS teams. Each seasons, the starter never got less reps just so the back up QB could get reps with the 1s Incase of an injury. The only time any kind of a back up took reps from a starter was when the back up was going to play like the back up LBs, Defensive linemen, corners, RBs. And WRs. The players who would get tired and would need a sub for a play or two. Those would be the only guys to get reps with the 1s or the 1st unit. Only Time a starting QB would come out is if something special was going in. 

How many of those backup QBs you coach were drafted 1st overall in the NFL draft?

(That's a rhetorical question.)

2 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

So you have the greatest QB ever? I believe it tbh

EDIT: And for the record, I am definitely on the Mayfield hype train.

when Brees said Mayfeild can be signigicanty better than him, i wont settle for less than 800 Tds,3 rings and a 100k yards. 

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

I don't know how it didn't go to Ridley, I really thought it would. I guess that is the Baker effect. I hope we always get the Baker effect going forward, calls start going our way, media starts going our way, trophies start going our way.

Archived