Let the Mayfield Mayhem Begin

Dawgpoun8017

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s not even being a jerk or anything really.  People asked and he answered, it’s not like he’s just talking ish.

100% agree.  The way i took it was that hue took another job with another team. Therefore when we play we are enemies.  I love the attitude.  

Freddie Kitchens and Baker are working well together in beautiful ways.

The energy that Baker is injecting into this offense with decisive and accurate throws is carrying the positivity of the team. Kitchens designing quick rhythm outlets lets me know that Freddie has to really be in consideration for the permanent OC.

One of John Dorsey's few worries about Baker pre-draft was that in college he didn't seem to have the ability to just block things out in the media and spent too much time personally responding to criticisms via social media.

Baker taking extra shots via Twitter to ESPN First Take hosts based on responses to his actions this Sunday w/ Hue is not a sustainable model of focus as his stardom and importance to the franchise increases. The Drew Brees and Peyton Manning types were from a different generation when it came to engaging in internet back and forths as the the internet was not a prevalent medium of heat of the moment exchange like it is now.

Hopefully this will be a learning lesson so that he doesn't personally feel he has to fight back against public criticism online as there will be even more and more heightened criticisms during the hard times in his career.

It also sets the tone for the rest of the team to engage in public feuds with media personalities.

I love the chip on his shoulder constant mentality, but he has to pick his battles more wisely and mature in ways that he'll just put blinders on and work.

12 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Bet Dorsey got a kick out of it.:)

While it's true Dorsey love loves Baker.

Actually Dorsey spoke at length with Baker about staying off social media interactions and not responding to criticisms.

When prompted about Baker lashing out at media members via twitter pre-draft Dorsey said, "he's young and he'll learn to avoid social media stuff as he grows."

So, I'm sure he's not thrilled about this, but it's not like it's changing his opinion of Baker

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

While it's true Dorsey love loves Baker.

Actually Dorsey spoke at length with Baker about staying off social media interactions and not responding to criticisms.

When prompted about Baker lashing out at media members via twitter pre-draft Dorsey said, "he's young and he'll learn to avoid social media stuff as he grows."

So, I'm sure he's not thrilled about this, but it's not like it's changing his opinion of Baker

People are what they are, you dont getthe fiery emotionally stuff without the fiery dumb stuff 

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

People are what they are, you dont getthe fiery emotionally stuff without the fiery dumb stuff 

Truth.

Most fiery dudes don’t have an ability to turn it off, especially when someone is challenging them.

Dude is who he is, and he’s exactly the type of personality this team has needed for a long time.  Zero backing down in that dude.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Truth.

Most fiery dudes don’t have an ability to turn it off, especially when someone is challenging them.

Dude is who he is, and he’s exactly the type of personality this team has needed for a long time.  Zero backing down in that dude.

I like the profile of dudes that Dorsey goes for, I guess it is what he means by 'real players.' 

Jarvis, Baker, Chubb seems super focused, Denzel ward is focused on being great, corbett was meant to be agro. 

These guys have high 'football' character. Dorsey is attempting to build a monster of a team.

I think the only reason Baker spoke so much truth and was truly "keeping it real" was because the subject matter was Hue Jackson.

The way he acted after the game and in post game conference, the way he acted last week, and the way he talked about the firing after it happen that Baker truly didnt like Hue. He prolly saw how fake he was.

I feel like watching this again, just feels like Baker has an issue with him. Like he knows he was going to be the back up and that you dont have to tell me you moron. Like Baker knows that Hue is only doing this thing pow-wow for the cameras. 

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

One of John Dorsey's few worries about Baker pre-draft was that in college he didn't seem to have the ability to just block things out in the media and spent too much time personally responding to criticisms via social media.

Baker taking extra shots via Twitter based on responses to his actions on ESPN First Take is not a sustainable model of focus as his stardom and importance to the franchise increase. The Drew Brees and Peyton Manning types were from a different generation when it came to engaging in internet back and forths.

Hopefully this will be a learning lesson where he doesn't personally feel he has to fight back against public criticism online as there will be even more and more heightened criticisms during the hard times in his career.

It also sets the tone for the rest of the team to engage in public feuds with media personalities.

I love the chip on his shoulder constant mentality, but he has to pick his battles more wisely and mature in ways that he'll just put blinders on and work.

#Browns QB Baker Mayfield on whether @Mind Character (twisted homunculus amalgam of Eric Mangini & Colin Cowherd: confirmed) is right in that Mayfield lacks sustained focus: "No....(asked why)...just no."

997,908,608 people are talking about this

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Freddie Kitchens and Baker are working well together in beautiful ways.

The energy that Baker is injecting into this offense with decisive and accurate throws is carrying the positivity of the team. Kitchens designing quick rhythm outlets lets me know that Freddie has to really be in consideration for the permanent OC.

Baker taking extra shots via Twitter based on responses to his actions on ESPN First Take is not a sustainable model of focus as his stardom and importance to the franchise increase. The Drew Brees and Peyton Manning types were from a different generation when it came to engaging in internet back and forths.

Hopefully this will be a learning lesson where he doesn't personally feel he has to fight back against public criticism online as there will be even more and more heightened criticisms during the hard times in his career.

I disagree, I think Baker feeds off that stuff. He is a bit like Michael Jordan. Jordan feed off people not believing in his greatness. When they did believe in his greatness he had to in his mind come up with slights against him that weren’t even real. 

Baker thrives off the chip on his shoulder. As long as he doesn’t get stupid with it let him do this stuff. I truly believe it makes him better

Archived