Let the Mayfield Mayhem Begin

Dawgpoun8017

25 minutes ago, mistakey said:

recently in america a black security guard was shot and murdered by police after killing a bad guy with a gun and saving lives.  still appropriate.

Of course it is, but not on SportsCenter.

I mean, should Martha Stewart interrupt whatever she does to discuss it? Should Jim Cramer pause his market discussions constantly to make political statements?

Obviously there has to be some balance, but I just don’t (didnt) see that ESPN.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Of course it is, but not on SportsCenter.

I mean, should Martha Stewart interrupt whatever she does to discuss it? Should Jim Cramer pause his market discussions constantly to make political statements?

Obviously there has to be some balance, but I just don’t (didnt) see that ESPN.

Espn shouldn’t cover it explicitly but if the players who are still outraged still want to use what influence they have to bring light to the issue I have no issue whatsoever 

9 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Espn shouldn’t cover it explicitly but if the players who are still outraged still want to use what influence they have to bring light to the issue I have no issue whatsoever 

I agree, but that’s being driven by players and not the network.

If the players want to kneel, go for it.  Players want to speak at pressers about it, ESPN should cover it. What I don’t need is Screamin’ A and the like giving me their opinion on it.  Their opinions on sports are bad enough.

6 minutes ago, mistakey said:

@LETSGOBROWNIES I don’t want to quote monster post but young people don’t watch tv anymore - why would we need a highlight show when we can watch the highlights online? 

Agreed, but a network with the resources the ESPN has should be a leader in all forms of content.

Being innovative and clever is what made their brand initially, now their just basic and tedious.

11 minutes ago, mistakey said:

@LETSGOBROWNIES I don’t want to quote monster post but young people don’t watch tv anymore - why would we need a highlight show when we can watch the highlights online? 

Just thinking the same thing.

I basically have replaced that show I used to watch religiously - sports highlights and snarky humor - with twitter.

Any sports content you could possibly want is readily available, on demand, anywhere, anytime, at the touch of a finger.

Nothing can compete with that.

21 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Just thinking the same thing.

I basically have replaced that show I used to watch religiously - sports highlights and snarky humor - with twitter.

Any sports content you could possibly want is readily available, on demand, anywhere, anytime, at the touch of a finger.

Nothing can compete with that.

I don’t know, Nothing was better then having Espn on in the  background and watching sport center over and over again in the back ground.

14 hours ago, pnies20 said:

I haven’t watched sportscenter since Albert belle played for the Indians 

Same. Once in a while I'll watch some Golic & Wingo (until they roll out an idiot like SAS or StuGotz) or NFL Live, but ESPN has gone severely downhill once they decided it should all be about loud talking heads, hot takes, and sizzle instead of highlights and analysis. I don't really care if someone brings up non-sports stuff like politics, or current events, or a feel-good kid beating cancer story once in a while, it's just that I don't want to hear most of the people they have on ESPN now open their yapping pieholes about Anything.

Just now, NudeTayne said:

Now if he'd just grow up...

Sorry when you a to back to back 140.00 rating in games continue on being a big kid.

To me he acts like he is having a lot of fun and there is nothing wrong with enjoying your job

buy the way how are you feeling

4 hours ago, mistakey said:

I work in marketing and I can tell you with 100% certainty that the only thing holding cable/satellite TV together right now is live sports. Since nearly all of it is copy written there are not easy ways to stream it without paying for a hefty service like Sunday Ticket/NBA League Pass, ect, ect.

Whenever the code is cracked to take live sports to a legal stream without the major pricetags. TV will be dead and advertising partners will suffer a lot because of it.

Essentially, whenever the Baby Boomer generations time expires--everything will be internet based.

Archived