Let the Mayfield Mayhem Begin

Dawgpoun8017

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

yawn what else Is new 

That the nitwits in the sports media still have Barkley as a decided favorite.

But on reflection none of that is new.

I mean they still are nitwits, still biased and probably will be proved wrong if Mayfield continues to play the way he has been playing.

QB>RB

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

I mean they still are nitwits, still biased and probably will be proved wrong if Mayfield continues to play the way he has been playing.

QB>RB

Well Barkley has started all year and is pretty much top 5 statistically among RBs. Baker got a late start and is more like top 20 among QBs. So I get it. I don't get the "hands down" part because there is more to it than statistics but I'd probably still have Barkley ahead with Baker able to control his own destiny with how he finished the season.

If the last few games is how he finishes statistically he wins pretty easily I think. Heck, just winning the majority of the rest of the game while playing well will sway a lot of voters.

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

If we somehow make the playoffs Baker should get a statue and win MVP 

It probably wouldn't happen with the year Mahomes and Brees are having but you aren't wrong. If we somehow, well, if Baker helps us win out I think he will get a good amount of votes for MVP but probably not enough to win.  For him to go 9-5 with a team that won one games in their previous 34 I think that would be hard to argue against. It would take some big time Baker magic for us to win out. It seems extremely unlikely, but in the event it does happen, he would get my MVP vote if I had one.

More importantly, for the long run anyway, I want to see Baker continue to do what he does and for our offense to utilize him how he performs best because that is best for the team. I never want to see us go with a clock draining offense, even against the best offenses unless we firmly have the game in hand. Let Baker produce at the pace he likes, it's stupid imo to do anything else.

ROTY he can win with just his own performance but MVP we have to win out and voters have to know what is going on, which I don't trust. First things first, we need to win this week and that is going to be a challenge against a red hot team.

4 hours ago, bruceb said:

QB>RB

Really hope the NFL gives it to Barkley just to put another chip on Baker's shoulder. 

Archived