Let the Mayfield Mayhem Begin

Dawgpoun8017

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

ESPN lost me with the ESPY’s a few years ago.

Their never ending need to interject politics into sports rubs me the wrong way.  

Just show the effin highlights and make some clever or amusing comments like the good old days. If I want politics I’ll tune into a political show.

Not even woke.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

ESPN lost me with the ESPY’s a few years ago.

Their never ending need to interject politics into sports rubs me the wrong way.  

Just show the effin highlights and make some clever or amusing comments like the good old days. If I want politics I’ll tune into a political show.

Yup. And it's not necessarily even about agreeing or disagreeing with their politics. One of the reasons I watch sports is to escape real world issues like politics.

Aren't ESPN's ratings falling? If so, I'm sure there's a variety of reasons why, but them becoming political surely hasn't helped.

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yup. And it's not necessarily even about agreeing or disagreeing with their politics. One of the reasons I watch sports is to escape real world issues like politics.

Aren't ESPN's ratings falling? If so, I'm sure there's a variety of reasons why, but them becoming political surely hasn't helped.

Yeah idgaf about their stance, that’s not even the point.  Like you said, I watch it to get my mind off real world stuff and actual issues.

Or at least I used to anyway.  

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah idgaf about their stance, that’s not even the point.  Like you said, I watch it to get my mind off real world stuff and actual issues.

Or at least I used to anyway.  

To be fair, football IS a sport whose gameplay emulates two sides fighting a war, complete with us bystanders taking part in the National Anthem, as well as saluting the flag, military flyovers etc. And as war is intertwined with politics, football in itself contains at least a bridge to the political.

Tayne rn: tenor.gif?itemid=8108410

46 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Sports players have long used their status to evoke political sentiment - not just a recent thing

Archived