Week 3 Gameday Thread

Johnny Nix

19 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Quarterbacks who flash early success only to fizzle out or stagnate seems to be a much more common phenomenon in recent years. Or maybe I'm just looking for "a thing". Seriously, has it always been this way? Does it just seem like more in this day and age since everybody is so quick to jump on everything that happens right as it happens? Like, the immediacy of it? It's crazy.

Sure seems that way. I can't think of any QBs from like 2004 to 2010 who were even studs from day 1, let alone guys who were studs early but ended up being scrubs. 

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Sure seems that way. I can't think of any QBs from like 2004 to 2010 who were even studs from day 1, let alone guys who were studs early but ended up being scrubs. 

I dunno if it's due to the increasing pressure to play a high pick early or what? Then you have some dudes like Goff, or maybe Cousins who were kinda doubted early, but look pretty good now. And for the record, Goff is still young enough that he might qualify as a guy who looked good early but fizzled out or stagnated.

Archived