Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

Honestly, it's mainly just a lol thing. I liked him as a draft prospect. Completely lost track of him in Seattle. Read some fluffy SF article about how much he liked being a 49er. Just went with it, and hoped for the best. 

In other words, I don't really have the love for him. He's just an interesting dude that I think could be much more useful to our scheme as a SAM.

He rushes the arc with good burst, and has some nasty to him, but will forever lack the power to work his way back inside as a threat against OTs. This is, imo, why he can't play the way we needed out at LEO. Now, at SAM.. he can at times run that wider arc against less suspecting blockers.. but his role isn't dependent on him being an animal pass rusher time and again against LTs. He showed me enough ability to cover the second level, and fight through blocks to seal the edge when he's focused on that. Having that 5 tech at his side will help him greatly with this. 

So, I'm not saying hand him a sparkling new contract and a hug. I'm saying his one year, 4.2 mil cap hit is not a big deal for us.. we have a need at LB.. and we might as well give him some work there through September and see where it goes. Probably won't happen.. and I won't shed a tear regardless. 

I don’t think he’s an every down player regardless of where he lines up. I saw him get swallowed up way too much in the run game. To me he’s just a situational pass rusher and I really hope we get some better pass rushers that would force him off the field.

25 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I can't imagine his value is much. I'm going to guess he goes for a 2nd and a conditional pick next year. To a team who's contending Rams, Saints.

I think that is high actually... He's on the wrong side of 30 and has forced his way out, plus the possible domestic incident? They will be lucky to get a standalone third for him in my estimation.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I can't imagine his value is much. I'm going to guess he goes for a 2nd and a conditional pick next year. To a team who's contending Rams, Saints.

Eh, Rams won't do it, they're devoid of draft capital and they really can't be paying 3 receivers a good chunk of money.  Saints don't need too either..but money argument applicable to them too. 

49ers are really in the drivers seat. I could see a a conditional 3rd this year and 4th next year. 

3 minutes ago, John232 said:

Eh, Rams won't do it, they're devoid of draft capital and they really can't be paying 3 receivers a good chunk of money.  Saints don't need too either..but money argument applicable to them too. 

49ers are really in the drivers seat. I could see a a conditional 3rd this year and 4th next year. 

tenor.gif

AB/Pettis/Kittle/McKinnon/Breida/Juice Check/Jimmy G? Who could possibly have it better than us? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOODDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

tenor.gif

AB/Pettis/Kittle/McKinnon/Breida/Juice Check/Jimmy G? Who could possibly have it better than us? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOODDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Assuming we acquired Brown for a third...we could move back from 2 and recoup all those picks too. We could conceivably fill every hole we have this off-season.

Lynch, Shanny and Paraag need to fill every hole..We got 3 major holes, FS, DE and WR...Fill em all up..Got the hole on the back end..Got the hole in the trenches and then we gotta add some flash to the receiving hole. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

Assuming we acquired Brown for a third...we could move back from 2 and recoup all those picks too. We could conceivably fill every hole we have this off-season.

Lynch, Shanny and Paraag need to fill every hole..We got 3 major holes, FS, DE and WR...Fill em all up..Got the hole on the back end..Got the hole in the trenches and then we gotta add some flash to the receiving hole. 

Yep, would love a trade down if Bosa is gone at #1. Accumulate draft picks and fill all our needs. Free safety can we done in free agency but if not, then we should be able to get one in the 2nd round, especially if we move down and have multiple 2nd round picks.

Then you have other positional needs like interior OL/LB/CB that could be addressed with the rest of the picks and free agency. 

BIG BIG offseason for the Shanny/Lynch duo. Year three and time to turn it around. No more spending good money on decent players. Time to get the top of the top and become a contender.