Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

On 2/20/2019 at 4:29 AM, John232 said:

Eh, packers are definitely in play but between a new coach, new contracts for Adams and ARod, I really doubt they’d be dumb enough to trade capital for brown. They also drafted 3 receivers last year and they are devoid of talent on defense.

i don’t think many teams are interested in paying big bucks to multiple receivers. 

Arizona is also an actual threat for Brown too.

LOL Brown on the Cardinals. How long before he regrets having opening his mouth if he lands there. Numbers gonna dip like crazy. 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

JH hasn't been worth his 20 mil cap hits these recent years, but he's still plenty good, and is worth half that each year.

I don't know what numbers he would insist on in SF, but I feel sure that adding him is one of the best scenarios we can hope for. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

JH hasn't been worth his 20 mil cap hits these recent years, but he's still plenty good, and is worth half that each year.

I don't know what numbers he would insist on in SF, but I feel sure that adding him is one of the best scenarios we can hope for. 

Not@20 mil a year though. Like you said, his production has dipped. Would love to have him but I'd be a little weary under his current price tag. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Two years 18M with 12M guaranteed? Something like that?

May be a little light overall,  depends on the market. Wares final contract was 3/30 at age 32 off a 6 sack season. But I think it's a good ball park

52 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I think that would be great. I'd even be willing to bet on a little more and a little longer. Maybe, 3/36. It is free agency and a marquee position after all.

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

May be a little light overall,  depends on the market. Wares final contract was 3/30 at age 32 off a 6 sack season. But I think it's a good ball park

Yeah, I guess that is fair to give him around $10-12M a year. But only guarantee the first season and partially guarantee the second season. 

12 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

The Steelers really need to work on their media relations. They are botching this thing lol

First thing I thought when I saw that comment: That's it? Only three? 

They were foolish to say 'have reached out', that means they may not have even had three offers, just three people fishing for information. 

Shows how low his value is. Only three calls on him. Probably us, new England and the rams lol 

As much as their front office wants to push the narrative "we don't need to trade him" they really don't have a choice but to trade him at this point considering their owner met with him and 'they mutually agreed to part ways'.

Just foolish. I almost can't think of a way they could have done worse handling this whole thing 

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that a billionaire from new England was going to some random strip mall rub and tug in Florida and paying $59 for half and hour and $79 for a full hour?? 

I mean..   really? Lol 

43 minutes ago, N4L said:

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that a billionaire from new England was going to some random strip mall rub and tug in Florida and paying $59 for half and hour and $79 for a full hour?? 

I mean..   really? Lol 

Not the only one. Just bizarre, what people will do. So much money, and yet... so many unnecessary, pitiful actions taken regardless. 

On 2/23/2019 at 2:06 AM, N4L said:

The Steelers really need to work on their media relations. They are botching this thing lol

First thing I thought when I saw that comment: That's it? Only three? 

They were foolish to say 'have reached out', that means they may not have even had three offers, just three people fishing for information. 

Shows how low his value is. Only three calls on him. Probably us, new England and the rams lol 

As much as their front office wants to push the narrative "we don't need to trade him" they really don't have a choice but to trade him at this point considering their owner met with him and 'they mutually agreed to part ways'.

Just foolish. I almost can't think of a way they could have done worse handling this whole thing 

I think it still funny that both sides agreed to a trade but have yet to give him permission to legally talk to teams. 

Truth is Pits will be seeking high compensation but they probably won't get that. Even though Cooper and Cooks were had for first round picks.