Wk 3 postgame: GB 17 • WAS 31

Cakeshoppe

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Oh I dismissed you? Sorry man, didn't know you were so sensitive. I honestly didn't even think about (or probably read) anything you wrote about the prediction of the game.

Feel free to pm me next week though :)

FYI - I usually forget what I read 10 seconds after I read it, but your prediction of this game a few days ago was so outlandish, followed up by your homerish defense of the game today, that I couldn’t resist trolling you for your idiocy.  Glad you’re not the sensitive type and can just move on.  Good on ya.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Will do brother.  Feel free to continue your cockiness - we actually need that in here since our team doesn’t have its swagger yet.  Till then, when you swing and miss badly in your predictions, come back and own it instead of the spin. I don’t mind optimism unless it’s outlandish.

What is there to own, brother?

I already laid out the issues I saw that cost us the game. That's not spin, that's pure observation. 

Placing specific reasons for an outcome is now "spin"? Is it better to just wail a generic "MM is fat n dum" post instead? 

1 minute ago, pollino14 said:

Not to harp on this again, but talent isn’t the issue for our offense. The line, backs, receivers are a plus group imo. I just watch other teams play, teams who have much lesser talent and their play calling compared to ours is night and day. Even teams who don’t run the most exotic offenses. 

Our offensive talent is OKAY. It's not bad, and it's not great: it's serviceable. And they certainly didn't bail out their QB who was having a less-than-stellar game today.

Just now, incognito_man said:

What is there to own, brother?

I already laid out the issues I saw that cost us the game. That's not spin, that's pure observation. 

Placing specific reasons for an outcome is now "spin"? Is it better to just wail a generic "MM is fat n dum" post instead? 

Nah, just keep doing what you’re doing, and we’ll keep having fun at your expense.  All good.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

FYI - I usually forget what I read 10 seconds after I read it, but your prediction of this game a few days ago was so outlandish, followed up by your homerish defense of the game today, that I couldn’t resist trolling you for your idiocy.  Glad you’re not the sensitive type and can just move on.  Good on ya.

Aw man, you're upset. Sorry. It's gorgeous out, o for a walk or something; it'll cheer you up! 

7 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

It is not that the call was incorrect, but indeed they are enforcing a stupid/ poorly thought through/ nonsensical rule.

The rule will have to change, or the enforcement of it will take the sack out of football.

And that would be bad.

Exactly - you get it!

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Looking at how the Matthews hit was called today I am genuinely not sure how a player with a free run at the QB is able to take the QB down without getting flagged.  They almost have no choice but to back off of the "true/square" hit and go for a stand-up/arms only sack.

Apparently you have to lift them up in the air and dump him on his head with your full weight landing on his upper body.

1 minute ago, gizmo2012 said:

Never thought I would ever say this but fire McCarthy today and put the DC in as the interim. McCarthy has lost this team and its past time to move on. 

In retrospect, they should have after '15, and I was hoping for it after '16.

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

The problem is, prior to today, Washington wouldn't be on that list, and I don't think they are after today either.

Ok, that doesn't answer my question at all, though.

I didn't ask who isn't.

I'm just curious what the measuring stick is so I know how to frame soemone's opinion.

Rams look good. Beyond that I don't see anyone definitely better than GB right now.

Archived