Week 4: Chucky v. Bakermania

ReggieCamp

Who you got?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Should set up for some killer play action opportunities if you play your cards right then.

yeah the LBs then turns the run read into a bltiz, dude is just going to blow through Chubb and get the sack

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think 2 ints were on Callaway, the 1st more than the second, joe Thomassaid the snap fumble was on Baker, I think Baker was better I'm the pocket than kizer was. 

Baker does have to get better, but he is much better than Kizer.

Yes. If you look at the majority of his incompletions, they were still good balls. That deep ball to Duke, while on the run, that was perfectly placed but the defender made a great play. Maybe he could have thrown it a bit further so it would be an over-the-shoulder catch for Duke, but I'm not gonna split hairs with that one in his first start. 

I can think of two "bad" throws. The deep ball to Callaway, which he did overthrow by a foot or so, and the pass to Landry just off the goal line. Not only did he throw those where only his guys could make plays, in watching the throws again, he avoided the ball being batted down on the Landry pass. That was really the only safe window he could hit. Don't wanna sound like I'm making excuses for him, but that's maturity. He played bold, but it was calculated.

7 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Whoooooooooo carrrrrreeeeesssssss

3 carries 104 yards 2 TDs

Don't overthink it 

ah yeas cause Chubb is going to keep up that average.

just saying, the thing holding back Chubb is his inability to make an impact in the pass game, if its catching or blocking. 

7 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Baker does have to get better, but he is much better than Kizer.

The first pick is 0% on Baker imo. The 2nd he gets some blame and Callaway should have located the ball much sooner and at least played DB. Baker wasn't ready for that fumbled snap, the offense wasn't ready for that snap, maybe Baker should have made it more clear. The other fumble is on Baker, those happen when you are hit while in your throwing motion. Can blame the O-Line but they get beat sometimes and that is the result, not losing sleep over it. Baker took the blame for all. Even pointed to himself after a couple of WR drops. He is working to keep everyone playing hard and he'll take the lumps, as will those defending him but it is for the greater good.

If Baker doesn't get any better, he is just what he has been, he is still by far the best QB we have rostered since the return.

QB is the least of my worries if he stays healthy. Wow, been over 20 years since I thought that.

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Yes, that is what "similar" means vs. what you are reading into it.

If you scroll just above your comment, you'll see a few other posters who agree with me when I say those weren't all on him. One pick off Callaway's hands, the other one Antonio didn't do Baker any favors. It was an extremely catchable ball that a veteran would have come back to or at the very least, knocked away.

And, I don't recall any no-doubter interceptions thrown into triple coverage. 

So, if you'd really like to nitpick, there isn't much similarity at all, other than the turnovers on stat sheet. If you did watch the game, which your most recent posts have not indicated to me, you would clearly see the difference between these two.

What else ya got for me?

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Many of Kizer's were not on him either.

So what?

Watch the damn game bruh. Just watch it. Please, I insist.

After you watch it, come back and tell me you just witnessed quarterback play "similar" to that of DeShone Kizer.

Kizer is so bad, the Packers are playing Rodgers through a season ending injury just so their whole year doesn't goes to waste. That's the kind of confidence Kizer instills in a franchise. If you feel that way about Baker, man...I just don't have any words. I'm sorry. I try to spread positivity but you're making it awfully hard.

@NudeTayne put on your cape and save this man's day

9 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Watch the damn game bruh. Just watch it. Please, I insist.

After you watch it, come back and tell me you just witnessed quarterback play "similar" to that of DeShone Kizer.

Kizer is so bad, the Packers are playing Rodgers through a season ending injury just so their whole year doesn't goes to waste. That's the kind of confidence Kizer instills in a franchise. If you feel that way about Baker, man...I just don't have any words. I'm sorry. I try to spread positivity but you're making it awfully hard.

@NudeTayne put on your cape and save this man's day

Dude, we lost.

The 21 points Mayfield gave them contributed to the loss.

He has accepted accountability for it.

Why can't you?

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Dude, we lost.

Why can't you?

A couple of those turnovers were his fault, but not all of them. But of course he's not going to blame his teammates for those turnovers and throw them under the bus.

10 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Dude, we lost.

Why can't you?

Dude, no $hit.

Where in the world did I ever say that I can't recognize the Browns lost this themselves and not the refs or bad karma or anything else?

My point is that Baker is not Kizer. He made some "rookie" mistakes, but he simultaneously operated this offense to a degree we have not seen here in over a decade. Again, Mayfield isn't Kizer.

Every goddamn poster on this site sees that.

Why can't you?

6 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Is he back?

Or just lonely

A little bit of both if I'm honest, thanks to the Baker effect. However, after my conscious uncoupling with the team these kind of losses are more amusing than infuriating. 

I'm also content knowing that the next coach of the Browns is watching the last 6 quarters, confident he could have them deep in the playoffs next year. These kids are good, they just are being asked to do some dumb **** by some dumb *** coaches.

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

Dude, we lost.

Why can't you?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000968720/Browns-vs-Raiders-highlights-Week-4

Pause at 33 seconds, the pick 6 went through Callaways hands (both were on it). He slipped in his break (and all day) and again as he attempted the catch making it difficult instead of easy but the throw was on the money.

The 1st fumble was slapped out of Baker's hand as he attempted a pass, pretty cut and dry. It was released less than 2 seconds after he received the snap so they got there fast but whatever.

The second fumble his left hand wasn't under center, he was pointing out coverages or changing the play when it was snapped.

The second pick was pretty accurate but Callaway didn't see the ball to make a play on it so it is what it is and the QB usually gets the blame for that.

As far as Mista's claim that the goal line pass to Landry was bad, you'd have to watch that again (not on this highlight) Landry fell as he made his break or it likely would have been an easy 6. The field was terrible and it isn't great for a QB like Mayfield that throws to a spot where the receiver should be because they usually didn't make it there on time because they were falling all over the place. Hue said he got to the field early to find the best cleats for the field but it didn't help.

I'd grade Mayfield as a high B or low A for the game. Taking away last week it was probably the best game for a Browns QB in a few years. Dude is straight up a stud.

Archived