Week 4: Chucky v. Bakermania

ReggieCamp

Who you got?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

14 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Hopefully Hue continues to refuse to give Chubb more carries. I hate giving playmakers, especially young and dynamic ones, more touches. He only averaged 35 yards per carry today and scored twice.

Hue gave up play calling. Chubb getting only 3 carries is on the OC and RB coach.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get your point, but Haley didn’t lose us this game.  I mean, 42 points with a rookie in their first start??

Right, in these instances, we naturally want something we can look to for blame. It's tough, and it sucks. We were straight up outplayed in the second half by a first half team, but there's also so many positives to take away from this game that will be overlooked because it's not a win.

We didn't execute as well as we should have, they did when it mattered most. Plain and simple.

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Some here are too blind with Hue hate tbh.

HC aren’t adjusting positional rotations mid game.

I'm guilty of this. I'm blaming him for everything I can, rationally or not. Special teams, his fault, not getting Chubb carries, his fault, bad spot at the end of the game that was overturned, his fault, not getting Baker more 1st team reps, his fault (that one is for sure).

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm guilty of this. I'm blaming him for everything I can, rationally or not. Special teams, his fault, not getting Chubb carries, his fault, bad spot at the end of the game that was overturned, his fault, not getting Baker more 1st team reps, his fault (that one is for sure).

But it kind of is his fault.  Not everything but blame always goes up never down.  I look at it this way, if i was a car salesman and only sold 2 cars in 2 years I'd be let go. He should step in and say get Chubb more carries.    We need to move on from hue.  

1 minute ago, Powertower said:

But it kind of is his fault.  Not everything but blame always goes up never down.  I look at it this way, if i was a car salesman and only sold 2 cars in 2 years I'd be let go. He should step in and say get Chubb more carries.    We need to move on from hue.  

From this week to next?  Sure.  But he can’t go stepping on his assistants toes mid game.

If Chubb continues to get 2-3 carries a game, yeah, that’s partly on Hue.

Everyone complaining about Chubb needing more carries. You can’t just run the ball with Chubb every time. He has to show the ability to be able to catch out of the back field and be able to pass block. Chubb is pretty freaking bad at pass blocking at the moment. If a RB can’t catch or pass block, you can’t really play them a whole lot. If all a team knows that Chubb is going to run the ball, they will just stack the Box and now he is stuck running it it 5-10x in a 7-8man box. At least with Hyde he can pick up a blitz. Chubb cant 

If it’s a pure running situation, send him in but if there is a chance of a pass or run, I’ll feel very uneasy about asking him to pick up a blitz at the moment 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Everyone complaining about Chubb needing more carries. You can’t just run the ball with Chubb every time. He has to show the ability to be able to catch out of the back field and be able to pass block. Chubb is pretty freaking bad at pass blocking at the moment. If a RB can’t catch or pass block, you can’t really play them a whole lot. If all a team knows that Chubb is going to run the ball, they will just stack the Box and now he is stuck running it it 5-10x in a 7-8man box. At least with Hyde he can pick up a blitz. Chubb cant 

If it’s a pure running situation, send him in but if there is a chance of a pass or run, I’ll feel very uneasy about asking him to pick up a blitz at the moment 

When you carry the ball three times for over 100 yards and two touchdowns, give him the ball a few more times than that. I don’t care if they know it’s coming, bring him in to run the ball. Make them stop him. 

Archived