Week 4: Chucky v. Bakermania

ReggieCamp

Who you got?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Bruce is the ultimate pessimist on this forum.

Inaccurate.

I am the most cynical, and per George Bernard Shaw (and others) loosley: Cynisism: What the power of accurate observation is called by those who lack it.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Just saying... Browns controlled their own destiny. Had an 8 point lead and let them score and get the 2 with the game on the line. You can cry about bad calls every week, but GOOD teams overcome them. 

good teams will over come a bad call but when its multiple bad calls, any team rarely overcome that. 

when you have 2-3 major calls that lead to change in possessions, they add up.

33 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

No you didn't. That's blatently wrong. How did coaches cause NINE drops? Or throw an INT? Or account for anything that specifically happened on the field that was not the result of poor execution? Blaming the coach for this is just seeking a scapegoat. Cmon man.

Ever think the poor execution was a result of the head coach not letting the 1st overall pick get 1st team reps until this week? 

32 minutes ago, bruceb said:

The STs were p-poor as usual.

The D calls were weak as usual giving up gash play after gash play throughout the game.

The O calls were stupid at times as usual trying to outsmart the Raiders.

Special teams was terrible. I don't see how you could put that on coaching instead of execution. Peppers opted to return a kickoff from two yards deep in the endzone...Welp, that's on Amos. Gunners can't tackle Harris on an Oakland Punt Return, DAMN YOU AMOS!

D calls? How about losing Terrence Mitchell? Did you not see the drop off? Like, when Amari Cooper broke Carrie's ankles? Or Cook's impressive catch over Carrie on a 50/50 ball? But, sure, let's take it all out on Gregg. Hell, Garrett was held numerous times, but because there wasn't a call and Carr had time in the pocket to find his guy, it's all on Gregg. Uh huh.

I can only think of one drive that stalled because of a questionable call...the jet sweep to Callaway was dumb, I'll give you that. That was also on their second drive of the game. They proceeded to put 42 points on the board DESPITE NINE drops, DESPITE turning the ball over 4 times...but again...TODD YOU DAMN BUNGHOLE THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT.

So go ahead and blame the coaches if you want. Obviously, I disagree. And I can tell that you are too stubborn to even care to point out specific evidence to try to even make this debate interesting since you're stubborn *** obviously won't ever have a change of opinion. I suppose I should give you props for hard headedness. So, props, I guess.

5 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Ever think the poor execution was a result of the head coach not letting the 1st overall pick get 1st team reps until this week? 

No, I didn't as a matter of fact. IF Tyrod was their guy, and this offense was just as fresh for him as everyone else, he needed all those first team reps. They wanted to put him in the best position to succeed right away. Taking away some reps from him does not help that cause.

Baker was the future. When he became the number one, he got the first team reps, completely understandable.

2 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

No, I didn't as a matter of fact. IF Tyrod was their guy, and this offense was just as fresh for him as everyone else, he needed all those first team reps. They wanted to put him in the best position to succeed right away. Taking away some reps from him does not help that cause.

Baker was the future. When he became the number one, he got the first team reps, completely understandable.

No, it's not understandable. Any argument defending this coaching staff is not understandable. 2-32-1. 

The 2nd team ran the same offense as the 1st, so Taylor would not be losing anything by taking some 2nd team reps. 

There was far more to gain by having Baker take 1st team reps than there was to lose.

Hue did it his way, because he's a moron, and as a moron, is out to prove that he is not a moron by doing moronic things and pretending they are intelligent and innovative.

Just now, ditchdigger said:

No, it's not understandable. Any argument defending this coaching staff is not understandable. 2-32-1. 

The 2nd team ran the same offense as the 1st, so Taylor would not be losing anything by taking some 2nd team reps. 

There was far more to gain by having Baker take 1st team reps than there was to lose.

Hue did it his way, because he's a moron, and as a moron, is out to prove that he is not a moron by doing moronic things and pretending they are intelligent and innovative.

But we can't get Lincoln Riley so Hue FTW.

Browns played poorly and should have won. Raiders played poorly and should have lost. We all know both teams had terrible stretches and assuming they played a team that played well they both deserved to lose. But of these two teams that played poorly the Browns should have won but aside from playing poorly, which both teams did, we know why they didn't win and weren't able to kneel with 1:22 left in the 4th.

16 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

We need more night owls in this forum. I don't know how anyone can just go to bed after the events that occurred tonight. Why can't you all just talk Browns deep into the night with me. :(

Someone needs to talk you off the edge.

Archived