Week 4: Chucky v. Bakermania

ReggieCamp

Who you got?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

We lost the game.

So we did not play well enough to win.

That's a very silly way of thinking and frankly I don't think it makes any sense. You took a team to overtime while fighting against some horrendous calls, that definitely qualifies as good enough to win. 

Just unreal. I'm not even going to begin to dive into my frustrations, as I'm sure you all already know.

I think there's plenty of encouraging takeaways from this one that are so easy to overlook right now, but dammit I'm a positive person, I'ma try to stay focused on those. We put up 42 points tonight. Baker and the rest of the youngins look incredibly promising. We saw flashes that show me these kids are going to flourish sooner rather than later.

I hate that we have to wait another week to watch this team again. I wanna see em come out angry against Baltimore. It's not gonna come easy, stronger defense, the possibility of Flacco being above meh...but I have faith in this team. That's not something I could have said in years past.

4 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

That's a very silly way of thinking and frankly I don't think it makes any sense. You took a team to overtime while fighting against some horrendous calls, that definitely qualifies as good enough to win. 

Bruce is the ultimate pessimist on this forum.

3 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Just unreal. I'm not even going to begin to dive into my frustrations, as I'm sure you all already know.

I think there's plenty of encouraging takeaways from this one that are so easy to overlook right now, but dammit I'm a positive person, I'ma try to stay focused on those. We put up 42 points tonight. Baker and the rest of the youngins look incredibly promising. We saw flashes that show me these kids are going to flourish sooner rather than later.

I hate that we have to wait another week to watch this team again. I wanna see em come out angry against Baltimore. It's not gonna come easy, stronger defense, the possibility of Flacco being above meh...but I have faith in this team. That's not something I could have said in years past.

Yup. I'm hoping this game will really fuel them to come out with a huge chip on their shoulder next Sunday and dominate Baltimore. Their defense will be a huge test for Baker.

Just now, DawgX said:

Bruce is the ultimate pessimist on this forum.

Fair enough, I'm not trying to come into your forum and start stuff with anyone. Just dont understand how anyone could say they didn't deserve to win when the game had literally been won until the refs intervened. 

This was an absolutely crappy day, but do you know what makes this even worse?  

I have to do my "cleanse" tomorrow, in order to go to the hospital and get "the procedure" done on Tuesday morning.  I am glad to know that I got to feel what it is going to be like, a full 36 hours beforehand.

I was very disappointed to find out that I can't get a Blu-Ray on my way out of the hospital.

Just now, DawgX said:

Yup. I'm hoping this game will really fuel them to come out with a huge chip on their shoulder next Sunday and dominate Baltimore. Their defense will be a huge test for Baker.

I'm feeling pretty eager for it TBH. I need to see Baker step up and pick them apart. As a rookie, I know he's going to show his inexperience, but he's shown some elite processing and decision making that, in combination with that fiery competitiveness, will propel him into incredibility.

At the same time, I'm watching Flacco hit John Brown in stride on a deep ball and thinking man this might have to be a shootout for us to win. Our defense got friggin torched today. Losing Money Mitch is a big loss. I'm legitimately concerned about the sustainability of this defense without him. They may not be able to force many punts unless the pass rush can really come out angry and get all up in Flacco's grill.

8 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

But you literally won the game. It was over and then they changed their decision with no evidence.

THIS. This all day long. I was legitimately screaming at my TV when they reversed the 1st down call. The ruling on the field was 1st down and they reversed it without conclusive evidence. I'm convinced that the NFL had that call reversed so that the game would go "down to the wire" and be more exciting. Remember the post-game interview Shaq did as a Laker where he cussed out the refs? That's what I feel like right now.

Then there was the egregious almost "fumble" when he was ON HIS BACK, yet Derek Carr fumbles on his feet and it's down by forward progress? You have to be kidding me. And Lynch's run that was called down was a terrible call, too.

I'm flabbergasted that the commentators said the refs were good today.

4 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Fair enough, I'm not trying to come into your forum and start stuff with anyone. Just dont understand how anyone could say they didn't deserve to win when the game had literally been won until the refs intervened. 

I mean, I hate blaming games on officials. Frankly, the Browns failed to capitalize on a number of opportunities that could have given them a better chance. I counted nine drops. NINE. Or Baker's decision to go deep on that final drive of regulation for the INT. Just stuff like that which we see in a young team. Of course the refs didn't help the cause, but I can't solely blame them for this. I think the Browns not being deserving of a win is overstating a bit, they should have won, but I will argue that they brought this on themselves. They put themselves in position to be screwed by the refs when in reality, they could have avoided it all together with some better execution.

50 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Which one?

The obvious first down?

The obvious strip sack for six the other way?

The phantom hold in OT?

Miller tackling Garrett on third down and no call?

Calls went both ways. Bad game officiating all around. Holds not called on both sides. Lynch's run that was blown dead took a score off the board. Key's RTP call was the worst all season. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

Calls went both ways. Bad game officiating all around. Holds not called on both sides. Lynch's run that was blown dead took a score off the board. Key's RTP call was the worst all season. 

Go away and enjoy your gift wrapped win. Get out man. I’m serious. Go away.

Archived