Week 4: Chucky v. Bakermania

ReggieCamp

Who you got?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Everyone complaining about Chubb needing more carries. You can’t just run the ball with Chubb every time. He has to show the ability to be able to catch out of the back field and be able to pass block. Chubb is pretty freaking bad at pass blocking at the moment. If a RB can’t catch or pass block, you can’t really play them a whole lot. If all a team knows that Chubb is going to run the ball, they will just stack the Box and now he is stuck running it it 5-10x in a 7-8man box. At least with Hyde he can pick up a blitz. Chubb cant 

If it’s a pure running situation, send him in but if there is a chance of a pass or run, I’ll feel very uneasy about asking him to pick up a blitz at the moment 

Should set up for some killer play action opportunities if you play your cards right then.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Everyone complaining about Chubb needing more carries. You can’t just run the ball with Chubb every time. He has to show the ability to be able to catch out of the back field and be able to pass block. Chubb is pretty freaking bad at pass blocking at the moment. If a RB can’t catch or pass block, you can’t really play them a whole lot. If all a team knows that Chubb is going to run the ball, they will just stack the Box and now he is stuck running it it 5-10x in a 7-8man box. At least with Hyde he can pick up a blitz. Chubb cant 

If it’s a pure running situation, send him in but if there is a chance of a pass or run, I’ll feel very uneasy about asking him to pick up a blitz at the moment 

Whoooooooooo carrrrrreeeeesssssss

3 carries 104 yards 2 TDs

Don't overthink it 

5 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Right, in these instances, we naturally want something we can look to for blame.

Easy in the case of this game: the officials handed the Raiders the game with that 1st down reversal. There were other bad calls in the game too, but that was beyond the pale, and directly cost us the W.

19 hours ago, buno67 said:

good teams will over come a bad call but when its multiple bad calls, any team rarely overcome that. 

when you have 2-3 major calls that lead to change in possessions, they add up.

So do 4 turnovers vs. 2

39 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Easy in the case of this game: the officials handed the Raiders the game with that 1st down reversal. There were other bad calls in the game too, but that was beyond the pale, and directly cost us the W.

It didn't though. The Browns had another possession after the Raiders tied it. And they had a chance again in OT but couldn't capitalize. The Refs may have prevented the game from ending right then and there, but despite that, we still could have won. That's the textbook definition of adversity, and the Browns failed to overcome it...this time. Live and learn. Judging by Baker's postgame comments, I think they're taking the right approach in growing from this experience and not wallowing in it like the majority of us fans. The bottom line is that we shouldn't even have put ourselves in position to be bent over by the refs like this. We were up 14 to a team that had scored 3 total points in fourth quarters before this game.

43 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Don't forget the futile attempts at running screen plays, or our inability to defend passes over the middle.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Nick Chubb, 3 snaps, 3 rushes for 2 tds and 105 yards. 

Caros Hyde 50 snaps, 22 rushes 1 td 82 yards. 

Im no statistician, but someone on the Browns offensive staff is dumb.  

Hyde does everything pretty well.  Chubb is a liability blocking and haven't seen him catch out of the backfield (that I remember).  It's easy to see why Hyde gets the majority of the play, but Chubb definitely has his niche and should get more opportunities.

26 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Hyde does everything pretty well.  Chubb is a liability blocking and haven't seen him catch out of the backfield (that I remember).  It's easy to see why Hyde gets the majority of the play, but Chubb definitely has his niche and should get more opportunities.

Id agree. however Nick chubb is 10x the runner than Hyde. better moves, more power and more speed, he gassed Conley, Conlley is a 1st round corner. 

Id be happy for something more like 30/20, not 50/3

31 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Id be happy for something more like 30/20, not 50/3

Between not this, stupid calls like going vertical and missing in OT when you only need seven to get a first down, get into FG range, Williams' aligning his DBs like a pansy, and Amos' ST except for the K falling down I seriously question the entire coaching staff.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Interesting that no one is crucifying Mayfield for his Kizeresque performance.

Eerie similarity between this game and the Georgia game, except that Chubb was on the losing side.

Wait...what?

When did Kizer ever lead this offense to 42 points? The only similarity is turnovers. 

I see your point with the comparison to the OU-Georgia game, though. While Baker shouldn't be entirely excused for the offensive output in those final few possessions, it can't be all on him. To your point with the Kizer comp, actually, receivers really struggled to get separation often. Hence, my sudden craving for a new WR in the draft prospects thread.

But no, there was a pretty clear difference between Kizer and Mayfield. One is decisive, consistently accurate, poised in the pocket, etc...and if you really can decipher which one that is...My uncle is an ophthalmologist if you need a guy. 

9 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Interesting that no one is crucifying Mayfield for his Kizeresque performance.

Eerie similarity between this game and the Georgia game, except that Chubb was on the losing side.

I think 2 ints were on Callaway, the 1st more than the second, joe Thomassaid the snap fumble was on Baker, I think Baker was better I'm the pocket than kizer was. 

Baker does have to get better, but he is much better than Kizer.

Archived