Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

My dad said Lights Out is the scariest movie he ever saw and The Visit was a close second.  He definitely took part in that BS study.  I can literally be talking to him looking right at him and just go, “Bah!” And he jumps and calls me a son of a *****.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

lawl, money gonna money

Valve pretty much does the same thing for video games with Steam - yes, you 'own' the game in the library, but technically it's still Valve's, and if they ever shut it all down, there's not really anything you can do since it's in the user agreement.

4 hours ago, August4th said:

Vindication!

@KManX89, at a couple others.

This makes me hate Amazon a tiny bit, but it proves everything I’ve been saying for years.  

Pretty soon Movies Anywhere will charge a subscription for storing your digital content.  

So will all the other ones, and those that don’t will go under and you’ll either lose all those “purchased” movies or you’ll be paying 5 dollars a month.  

The only way to own movies is to literally have physical copies.  Everything else is a rental.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

The only way to own movies is to literally have physical copies.  Everything else is a rental.

I have blu-rays of all my favorites that I will continue to watch endless times. At least let me get possession of the mp4 or mkv of the movie on my ext hard drive. One of many reasons I don’t stream music either (besides Spotify robbing their artists blind).  

• Like 1

Just now, thrILL! said:

I have blu-rays of all my favorites that I will continue to watch endless times. At least let me get possession of the mp4 or mkv of the movie on my ext hard drive. One of many reasons I don’t stream music either (besides Spotify robbing their artists blind).  

I find my favorites aren't enough.

I have to have a bunch of the dumb ones, too.  Like the Men in Black trilogy.

Sometimes you just want to watch Men in Black.  Even though 2/4 suck, sometimes you just want that world.

Or Bad Boys. 

Or 80's action movies.  Raw Heat, Raw Deal, The Running Man, Universal Soldiers, Judge Dredd (although I think this was early 90's)... Sometimes you just want to watch crap 80's action.

It's why unless it's a pretentious snoozefest I'll never get rid of movies, even if I don't particularly like them. 

Once the world ends and there's no more internet, I'll still have a blu ray player and close to 1,000 movies to watch with my solar generator until I'm 100 and then I'll just die. 

• Like 1