Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, it missed it's mark by about 9 years. He's hired some good writers to help him so hopefully at least the story will be better.

Yeah, I mean I hope it's still a good movie. It's just that I saw it when it came out and I was 17, and at this point I don't even care about seeing a sequel.

10 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

This was a weak response. You laughed at me for having misplaced expectations. The sequel trilogy is in general not highly regarded. Not hated but at best they would be considered fine on average. When Disney can come up with a lineup that doesn't go remake, very good, trash, trash then maybe I'll care. Until then I'll continue to wish they knew how to make consistently good movies instead of taking your opinion that they are good as gospel.

Not highly regarded by fans like yourself who have chosen to go for volume over reason for their disappointment.  It just amuses me how much time and energy ppl spend telling ppl who like things how much they hate them and how we should too.  Have fun with that.  

daisy-ridley-dancing_star-wars-the-force

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

Not highly regarded by fans like yourself who have chosen to go for volume over reason for their disappointment.  It just amuses me how much time and energy ppl spend telling ppl who like things how much they hate them and how we should too.  Have fun with that.  

daisy-ridley-dancing_star-wars-the-force

Couldn't be further from the truth but keep assuming.

11 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Wait there are 4 more Avatar movies coming? What if Avatar 2 sucks?

We will have to gather the children around our curved televisions and watch the relic that is James Cameron's Avatar on Blu-Ray to remember the good times.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, theJ said:

Incredibles 2 was worth the wait.

Not really.  When you wait that long for a sequel, it's like... "What's even the point at this point?" 

How many people even mention Avatar anymore?  It's not widely loved or cherished like it was at release or even a year after release. 

There is no defending the time that has passed between Avatar and Avatar 2. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Not really.  When you wait that long for a sequel, it's like... "What's even the point at this point?" 

How many people even mention Avatar anymore?  It's not widely loved or cherished like it was at release or even a year after release. 

There is no defending the time that has passed between Avatar and Avatar 2. 

Oh i don't give 2 craps about Avatar.  But Incredibles 2 was very good.  Yeah i wish it had come out 12 years ago, but if you're saying that you would have rather they never made it all?  You can GTFO with that opinion lol.

Also, the point is to be entertained.  Like any movie.  I was entertained.

• Like 1

Just now, theJ said:

Oh i don't give 2 craps about Avatar.  But Incredibles 2 was very good.  Yeah i wish it had come out 12 years ago, but if you're saying that you would have rather they never made it all?  You can GTFO with that opinion lol.

It's not that I wasn't entertained, I had just lost interest in the characters from Incredibles.  Incredibles 2 felt like a victory lap to me.  Same thing with Monsters University.  After a certain length of time, you just lose investment in characters and you just can't replicate it.  Incredibles 2 was good, but it just didn't quite have that magic. 

I feel like Avatar 2 will be similar.  I'm concerned with Cameron bringing back so many dead characters.  12 years since the last one and trying to go back to that seems like a bad idea.  I feel like it will feel stale and unfamiliar when if they would just go in a different direction and try to be a little separate from the first it would be better. 

films have caught up to the CGI in avatar, so I wonder what Cameron has up his sleeve to make these sequels stand out.

feels like nobody is interested in that franchise, but I'm never going to doubt James Cameron's ability to make a blockbuster juggernaut and now these films will have Disney marketing it

20 minutes ago, August4th said:

films have caught up to the CGI in avatar, so I wonder what Cameron has up his sleeve to make these sequels stand out.

feels like nobody is interested in that franchise, but I'm never going to doubt James Cameron's ability to make a blockbuster juggernaut and now these films will have Disney marketing it

Maybe they make a trip to LV426?