Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

21 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Cameron championed Terminator Genysis and that was HORRIBLE.  

Probably because he was paid to. 

But yeah, I'm glad it's supposedly going back to its R roots. PG-13 Terminator movies just don't work. This series made its mark on its brutality and grittiness, which was lost by making the last 2 movies PG-13. I've never been a fan of brutal violence/gore just for the sake of it, but for a series like the Terminator, it's f'ing warranted.

Edited by KManX89

31 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Paramount actually released that trailer to Sonic the Hedgehog instead of burying it with the rest of the movie. 

And it looks as terrible as the Sonic model.

Not only that, but they "cleverly" played the song Gangsta's Paradise in the background, because you know, it totes fits the character. xD

Edited by KManX89

2 hours ago, August4th said:

This is exactly how they should be building these smaller characters and then maybe some time in the future give them live action cameos in the MCU.  My kids will love these cartoons.

I got to see an early screening of Booksmart last night. It was really funny and had a lot of good performances from some young actors. Had some heart to it too which I always appreciate. I would definitely recommend it, my whole theater was dying laughing.

On 4/30/2019 at 12:46 PM, KManX89 said:

And it looks as terrible as the Sonic model.

Not only that, but they "cleverly" played the song Gangsta's Paradise in the background, because you know, it totes fits the character. xD

The director tweeted today that he and Paramount have heard the criticism loud and clear and are doing a full re-design of the character.

25 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The director tweeted today that he and Paramount have heard the criticism loud and clear and are doing a full re-design of the character.

They're going to sink even more money into it???   This is going to make John Carter look like Endgame.  

10 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

CGI aside, the whole plot looks bad.

Yeah this is going to lose money.  Do kids even play Sonic anymore?  Who are they trying to appeal to?

10 hours ago, thrILL! said:

They're going to sink even more money into it???   This is going to make John Carter look like Endgame.  

Granted, it's only currently at a $90 mil budget, which is surprisingly cheap. 

But yeah, that's pretty sad when a bunch of random internet nobodies do a better job than people who get paid to do this for a living. xD