Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

54 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Not even James Cameron knows how to make a good Terminator sequel.  That looked exactly the same as every other terrible Terminator movie that's been made since Terminator 2.  For the love of God, how is it so difficult? 

Do you mean to say T2 was terrible?   That's a pretty bold take.

Everything after T2....no argument whatsoever.  I couldn't even watch Genisys on cable re-runs.

Re: trailer...yeah, it's hard to get too excited.  It's the problem with the franchise - visually, you can try to throw more CGI/special effects, but it ends up just looking like a rehash of past movies, just with older / different characters.

Edited by Broncofan

Just now, Broncofan said:

Do you mean to say T2 was terrible?   That's a pretty bold take.

Everything after T2....no argument whatsoever.  I couldn't even watch Genisys on cable re-runs.

Meant a sequel to T2. 

Terminator 3 was a decent action movie with one cool scene and otherwise was bad.
Terminator Salvation had two cool sequences and otherwise was terrible.
Terminator Genisys was terrible. 

Terminator: Dark Fate looks like homo-eroticism for lesbians (not an insult against lesbians or anything) between a human/machine hybrid with a cameo from Arnold. 

Eh, I thought it it was a solid, but kinda disappointing teaser with some cool ideas sprinkled in. You know they have a good movie in there somewhere, it has cool concepts for these new characters. I'm interested in seeing the backstories to the new cyborg chick and the Columbian chick the new shapeshifting T-1000 retread Terminator was sent to destroy, and his ability to split into two separate forms is phat as hell, but overall, it leaves much to be desired. 

But yeah, I didn't get that "return to form" true sequel to T2 vibe at all. Here's hoping they'll show us something to actually get us EXCITED for Terminator again, though that ship sadly may have already sailed. There's only so much you can do with any series after 4-5 movies. And where's that "big action set piece prowess" Tim Miller is so known for delivering? Then again, it is only a teaser.

Edited by KManX89

4 hours ago, thrILL! said:

if he turns Akira into a comedy the way he did Ragnarok then there’s gonna be serious problems. 

akira-11.gif

To be honest, I'm more excited about another project he's attached to: They're bringing back Time Bandits as a TV series!  (If there's a token role for Dinklage out there, you know this is it!)

3 hours ago, The LBC said:

To be honest, I'm more excited about another project he's attached to: They're bringing back Time Bandits as a TV series!  (If there's a token role for Dinklage out there, you know this is it!)

tumblr_oog96uz3s11r8dxfio1_540.gif

such a great movie!   It would be hilarious if they used the usual gang (Jemaine Clement, Rhys Darby, etc) and CGI’d their faces on dwarves’ bodies (the way they did in Snow White & the Huntsman) for the TV series.  

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:
I'm on board with this. A Twisted Metal TV series sounds like it could be dope, a mix of Mad Max and Death Race, if you will. I really enjoyed both those movies, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Death Race, gone too soon