Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I saw Avatar in theaters and couldn't tell you the name of a single character they have. I know Pandora is a planet and the movie is a total ripoff. That's all I remember.

And the one guy couldn't walk, but he could when he turned into a big blue guy and he really liked it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It's not that I wasn't entertained, I had just lost interest in the characters from Incredibles.  Incredibles 2 felt like a victory lap to me.  Same thing with Monsters University.  After a certain length of time, you just lose investment in characters and you just can't replicate it.  Incredibles 2 was good, but it just didn't quite have that magic. 

When you have kids, those old movies and shows stay in heavy rotation. My 3 year old is obsessed with Transformers and watches the 80’s G1 show, Rescue Bots, Robots in Disguise, Prime and Cyberverse. He would watch all 3 Toy Story movies consecutively if he could.  I don’t ever lose interest in great movies or cartoons.  Neither do kids.  They might move onto something else but they’ll always be fans.

Tbh if it weren’t for Spider-verse, i2 was an Oscar lock.  It’s just as good as the first one. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Jeremy Irons FTW.

What's with all them Rorschachs, though? 

I was hoping we'd see glimpses of the other Watchmen. Dr. Manhattan would be awesome, but he'd probably cost too much for the show's budget.

Edited by KManX89

3 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

What's with all them Rorschachs, though? 

I was hoping we'd see glimpses of the other Watchmen. Dr. Manhattan would be awesome, but he'd probably cost too much for the show's budget.

This has to occur after the movie. The writers found that journal and published it undoing most if not everything Ozymendias tried to achieve and those people are just a cult.

Not sure what tick tock is for.

Also I would think Dr.M is gone for good.

42 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

This has to occur after the movie. The writers found that journal and published it undoing most if not everything Ozymendias tried to achieve and those people are just a cult.

Not sure what tick tock is for.

Also I would think Dr.M is gone for good.

The show takes place like 40 years after the movie/book. Jeremy Irons is playing Ozymendias

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thrILL! said:

When you have kids, those old movies and shows stay in heavy rotation. My 3 year old is obsessed with Transformers and watches the 80’s G1 show, Rescue Bots, Robots in Disguise, Prime and Cyberverse. He would watch all 3 Toy Story movies consecutively if he could.  I don’t ever lose interest in great movies or cartoons.  Neither do kids.  They might move onto something else but they’ll always be fans.

Tbh if it weren’t for Spider-verse, i2 was an Oscar lock.  It’s just as good as the first one. 

This!  Honestly, my kids are my excuse to go out and buy the DVD sets of cartoons I used to watch when I was a kid... if also to spare me from having to watch the same 6 movies or shows on rotation (my kids are like my dad - who is likely starting to show early symptoms of Alzheimer's - in that, they either forget or don't care if they've seen an episode of something before, they'll watch it again and again).

I've already got the X-Men animated series in reserve, probably 1-2 years down the line for them, but they've been getting exposed to Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, and Darkwing Duck for the past 6 months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

This!  Honestly, my kids are my excuse to go out and buy the DVD sets of cartoons I used to watch when I was a kid... if also to spare me from having to watch the same 6 movies or shows on rotation (my kids are like my dad - who is likely starting to show early symptoms of Alzheimer's - in that, they either forget or don't care if they've seen an episode of something before, they'll watch it again and again).

I've already got the X-Men animated series in reserve, probably 1-2 years down the line for them, but they've been getting exposed to Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, and Darkwing Duck for the past 6 months.

Exactly   My 7 yr old just discovered Calvin & Hobbes and is already on Revenge of the Baby Sat.  That brings so much joy to my heart that he loves it   

Check out the new Duck Tales cartoon. The 90’s version was fun but this is written by childhood fans who also love TV like Arrested Development and The Office.  The writing is incredible.  The 3 boys all have distinct personalities.  Scrooge is hilarious.  

Edited by thrILL!
Woo ooo

7 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Exactly   My 7 yr old just discovered Calvin & Hobbes and is already on Revenge of the Baby Sat.  That brings so much joy to my heart that he loves it   

Check out the new Duck Tales cartoon. The 90’s version was fun but this is written by childhood fans who also love TV like Arrested Development and The Office.  The writing is incredible.  The 3 boys all have distinct personalities.  Scrooge is hilarious.  

My kids love the new Duck Tales, that and the Marvel cartoons are on heavy rotation on the Disney Now app.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Oh great. Something that bitter Star Wars and GoT fans can come together to b!tch about. 

Actually I find it kind of funny. Didn't we hear Rian Johnson get the first nod to a new Star Wars series before these two were even talked about? We've heard that he's still riding it and yet all the movies being made right now are from D&D with nothing from Rian outside of a rumored advisory role.