Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

On 4/12/2019 at 1:57 PM, KManX89 said:

If I wanted to watch mindless B-movies with high school level-writing, there's a whole plethora of straight-to-TV/original movies on Netflix I can watch without spending a single penny.

Or you can just wait for John Wick 3.

• Like 1

No trailer this time (at least not yet, for US, anyway), but apparently the first footage of Terminator: Dark Fate was shown at CinemaCon and the audience's reactions were very positive.

Not only that, but they said it looks and feels very much like a James Cameron film, and it was noted that he was heavily involved as a producer.

So it looks like Tim Miller and James Cameron will #MakeTerminatorGreatAgain if the early footage reaction is anything to go by. 

Edited by KManX89

17 hours ago, KManX89 said:

No trailer this time (at least not yet, for US, anyway), but apparently the first footage of Terminator: Dark Fate was shown at CinemaCon and the audience's reactions were very positive.

Not only that, but they said it looks and feels very much like a James Cameron film, and it was noted that he was heavily involved as a producer.

So it looks like Tim Miller and James Cameron will #MakeTerminatorGreatAgain if the early footage reaction is anything to go by. 

Don't hold your breath until you actually see it.  I had faith in The Predator with Shane Black took over and it turned into the worst of the franchise.  I'm not getting excited about Terminator until I watch it and it excites me. 

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Don't hold your breath until you actually see it.  I had faith in The Predator with Shane Black took over and it turned into the worst of the franchise.  I'm not getting excited about Terminator until I watch it and it excites me. 

Also dont have faith is a script by David Goyer. Dude is very hit or miss.

Just now, Fresh Prince said:

Also dont have faith is a script by David Goyer. Dude is very hit or miss.

I almost had a complete meltdown.  Then I looked.  Goyer only has a story credit.  Had he anything to do with the actual script, I'd write the movie off before I saw a trailer. 

On 4/28/2019 at 12:01 PM, KManX89 said:

Cameron championed Terminator Genysis and that was HORRIBLE.  

Edited by thrILL!

16 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I like to think he did it because he was asked to. But that's only hope, no proof of that.

There’s no life left in this franchise regardless of whom writes, directs or stars in it.  It’s been  milked for all its worth.  The time-traveling is just annoyingly redundant now.  Just go back and kill Sarah Connor’s great great grandmother if you’re going to persist.  LoL

Edited by thrILL!

18 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

There’s no life left in this franchise regardless of whom writes, directs or stars in it.  It’s been  milked for all its worth.  The time-traveling is just annoyingly redundant now.  Just go back and kill Sarah Connor’s great great grandmother if you’re going to persist.  LoL

Agreed that they need to stop.

I will point out that Kyle Reese states in The Terminator that the war destroyed almost all records of human history. All Skynet knew was John's mother's name and city she lived in. That's why it killed in order of the phone book.

• Like 1