Week 4 Gameday Thread

Johnny Nix

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

He has for the standard we've come to expect from him.  Sorry but that's territory that comes with comes with being the GOAT or heavily in the conversation as the GOAT.

...No, I'm agreeing with you. He hasn't looked sharp. But you can't ignore the WR argument. They are terrible. It looked like Dorsett messed that route up, too.

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Eagles DB can freaking smack the receiver against his head before the ball arrives and it's still not a DPI.

Love small market bias from refs.

It's not because it's Eagles-Titans. I've seen that they're letting defenders get away with that a lot this season. I can think of a Steelers DB, a Chiefs DB, and a Saints DB getting away with already this season. Sucks, because it killed Titan's momentum this year but they're not calling that this year for some reason.

2 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Every Falcons game will be a shootout. Ever NFC South game may be a shootout. No Defense in that division at all.

Atleast we have excuses for it with half our D out with injury lol.   When we are healthy we actually play some pretty good defense under Quinn.  As does the Panthers more often than not their D is usually very solid.

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

...No, I'm agreeing with you. He hasn't looked sharp. But you can't ignore the WR argument. They are terrible. It looked like Dorsett messed that route up, too.

Thank you.  I'm not ignoring the WR argument, but I'm just frustrated by the utter need of the media to act as though he's infallible.  Hyperbolic nature of the beast, I suppose.

I'd put some blame on McDaniels as well (or maybe there's a disconnect between he and Brady) because between he and his QB they should be able to scheme/throw those WR's open more, or else find other ways to get the passing game going (multiple TE set and throw to a WR that isn't Gronk if/when Gronk is doubled/tripled).

Archived