Week 4 Gameday Thread

Johnny Nix

Just now, ET80 said:

On another note - Earl Thomas proved exactly why players hold out.

I understand the sentiment, but at the same time... What, should players just refuse to play on the last year of their deals? Are x year contracts really x-1 year contracts? I think there's a difference between Bell, playing at a position with a short shelf life where you usually only see a single big contract and being forced to play under the franchise tag, and ET who is merely still playing out his big contract that HE signed.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I understand the sentiment, but at the same time... What, should players just refuse to play on the last year of their deals? Are x year contracts really x-1 year contracts? I think there's a difference between Bell, playing at a position with a short shelf life where you usually only see a single big contract and being forced to play under the franchise tag, and ET who is merely still playing out his big contract that HE signed.

Exactly my feelings. ET and Bell are not the same situations. 

58 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He's basically Andre Johnson - big, strong, fast, physical monster who can do everything EXCEPT score TDs.

At least Andre had the excuse of playing with David Carr and Matt Schaub. Julio gets to play with one of the best QBs in his conference and who won an MVP

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

3 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Exactly my feelings. ET and Bell are not the same situations. 

I'm talking generalities, not specifically to each players' situation. 

Archived