Week 4 Gameday Thread

Johnny Nix

Just now, iknowcool said:

To be fair, the Raiders got screwed out of a Lynch TD earlier for the same reason (definitely have the right to be pissed though).

I haven't seen the first down overturned play yet so can't comment on that.

They said Hyde's elbow was down a yard short which in all the Fox replays I saw prior that didn't appear to be the case.  They had measured the spot and everything, and how they moved him back I'm still trying to figure out.

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

To be fair, the Raiders got screwed out of a Lynch TD earlier for the same reason (definitely have the right to be pissed though).

I haven't seen the first down overturned play yet so can't comment on that.

He would've gained another chunk of yards but he wasn't going to score; he didn't have a clear path.

16 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Cleveland forced a fumble on Carr and recovered it. Would've been scooped for six but the refs blew the whistle as soon as Carr got hit, stopping the play. Oakland's ball.

Cleveland got a first down which would've ended the game in the fourth quarter, 42-34. There was a phantom booth review that overturned it.

Cleveland stopped Oakland on their drive for the tie. But a weak holding penalty gave Oakland the first down. They scored on the drive to force OT.

Don't forget the whistle that was blown on a run where Lynch likely would have had a TD early.

2 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Except their defense iced the game and had it taken away from them

Yeah. Looking at the score you'd think our defense played lousy today. But Oakland had a pick six, and scored two touchdowns after two turnovers deep in our territory.

Not to mention that Garrett was held ALL DAY yet there was not a single flag.

5 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

They said Hyde's elbow was down a yard short which in all the Fox replays I saw prior that didn't appear to be the case.  They had measured the spot and everything, and how they moved him back I'm still trying to figure out.

I truly could not believe it when they reversed the 1st down after review.  I really hope the league is able to show something different than what the television replays showed.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:
2 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Imao.

Imagine being a Julio owner in fantasy. 

That's on guys that drafted Julio. Everyone should know dude's allergic to the endzone.

He's basically Andre Johnson - big, strong, fast, physical monster who can do everything EXCEPT score TDs.

45 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Not going to pretend that I'll suddenly stop watching the NFL, but it's a shame how the league can't seem to get through a single week without at least one game being ruined by really bizarre calls from the refs.

I've never felt so strongly that a game could have legit been rigged more than today. That sheer amount of unbelievably bad calls that went against one team is just unexplainable. It's one thing to just be inept but to be that consistently inept against one team is something I've never seen before.

I dont full on believe that game was intentionally influenced by the refs but man did that game leave an awful taste in my mouth. I'm going to pass on football until Sunday, that type of stuff just can't continue. 

Archived