Week 4 Gameday Thread

Johnny Nix

Just now, MWil23 said:

At least the NFL will issue their second apology of the season. That should rectify this absolute robbery. What a joke. Three kneeldowns and this game was over 45 minutes ago. Absolute robbery. Merry Christmas Raiders.

The problem is they will do no such thing.  They will bend over backwards to justify the refs decisions.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

He's also trying to get him absolutely murdered with some of the plays he's calling.

Bet money he tries to trade him and draft a QB this year. Because Carr isn't "his guy".

I wouldn't be shocked because Gruden has that kind of personality...and here's the thing...Carr is absolutely tradeable. His dead money is only 7.5 and saves 15 million. For any team trading for him, his contract is absolutely affordable as he's under 20 million for the next 4 years, which is a bargain compared to where quarterback salaries are. He may not be the greatest ever, but a team like Dallas would be far better off with Carr at the helm. 

Just now, iknowcool said:

I missed it too.  What happened to the Browns?

Running out the clock. Ruled first down on the field and refs overturned it without any evidence. Even both Ref experts said they had no idea how they could overrule it. It was egregious.

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

What the hell happened?

Cleveland forced a fumble on Carr and recovered it. Would've been scooped for six but the refs blew the whistle as soon as Carr got hit, stopping the play. Oakland's ball.

Cleveland got a first down which would've ended the game in the fourth quarter, 42-34. There was a phantom booth review that overturned it.

Cleveland stopped Oakland on their drive for the tie. But a weak holding penalty gave Oakland the first down. They scored on the drive to force OT.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

At least the NFL will issue their second apology of the season. That should rectify this absolute robbery. What a joke. Three kneeldowns and this game was over 45 minutes ago. Absolute robbery. Merry Christmas Raiders.

Wow. I've gotta read about this game. Sounds like things went really weird.

Just now, Forge said:

I wouldn't be shocked because Gruden has that kind of personality...and here's the thing...Carr is absolutely tradeable. His dead money is only 7.5 and saves 15 million. For any team trading for him, his contract is absolutely affordable as he's under 20 million for the next 4 years, which is a bargain compared to where quarterback salaries are. He may not be the greatest ever, but a team like Dallas would be far better off with Carr at the helm. 

Oh I know he is that's why I am 100% convinced it's happening. Which look, he's clearly not the second coming people thought he was before he blew up his shoulder but he's still better than a hell of a lot of what the league trots out there week to week and trading him is still stupid.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Running out the clock. Ruled first down on the field and refs overturned it without any evidence. Even both Ref experts said they had no idea how they could overrule it. It was egregious.

As well as having a scoop and score taken away on a clear fumble by Carr when he lost the ball the second he was hit but the refs rolled he was "in the grasp" and forward progress was stopped. 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

It should have never been the case though. 3 TOS by baker and zero defense. Maby if Chubbs falls down rather than score to burn more clock? Don’t let the convert the 2 or conversion? It goes beyond that call. And you still had a chance to win if your d wasn’t so cheeks 

Just now, rob_shadows said:

As well as having a scoop and score taken away on a clear fumble by Carr when he lost the ball the second he was hit but the refs rolled he was "in the grasp" and forward progress was stopped. 

To be fair, the Raiders got screwed out of a Lynch TD earlier for the same reason (definitely have the right to be pissed though).

I haven't seen the first down overturned play yet so can't comment on that.

Archived