Week 4 SNF Steelers v Ravens

Breesus mode

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Sounds like he's worse than Haley. And what's up with Ben? He doesn't look accurate.

I like him more than Haley if only because he actually runs the QB sneak on 3rd and 1. Had Haley dont that we likely beat Jacksonville. However, it's maddening to see Mornhinweg on the other sideline knowing exactly how to properly run gadget plays and utilize his personnel putting them in the best position. Fichtner doesn't understand that yet. The only thing he has learned is that Juju on crossing routes works but, unfortunately, he hasn't run it even once today.

As far as Ben, he always starts the season like this. Because he's "too good" to play in pre-season so his rust always has an impact on the team to start the season.

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

So the Ravens have a backup QB active on gamedays other than Lamar?

You're reading into this too much. If need be , he will be FLacco's replacement while he develops as a backup. In the meantime, his skilset is being used as an alternative to get him used to the speed of the game.

1 minute ago, riceman80 said:

I's legit trade a late 1st for Justin Tucker

Absolutely. Probably get the better end of it too, truth be told. 

I said in the 49er GDT today that after the interception, we should just let the Chargers score and bank on Sturgis missing the XP....

4 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I like him more than Haley if only because he actually runs the QB sneak on 3rd and 1. Had Haley dont that we likely beat Jacksonville. However, it's maddening to see Mornhinweg on the other sideline knowing exactly how to properly run gadget plays and utilize his personnel putting them in the best position. Fichtner doesn't understand that yet. The only thing he has learned is that Juju on crossing routes works but, unfortunately, he hasn't run it even once today.

As far as Ben, he always starts the season like this. Because he's "too good" to play in pre-season so his rust always has an impact on the team to start the season.

Goff didn't play in the preseason either. It took him one game to shake off the rust.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Goff didn't play in the preseason either. It took him one game to shake off the rust.

That's not the same thing. Goff was playing in the same system as last year with damn near the same players. See Trubisky today. 

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Ben definitely seems inaccurate.

He has been all season. Has literally missed AB on so many deep balls that have gone out of bounds or a good 6 yards past him it's been embarassing. He has missed JuJu on anything other than crossing (shallow and deep) routes too. He's not played anywhere near his stat line IMO.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Took him a few games to get acclimated. Same with Ben.

His new OC was on the staff last year. I'm assuming he didn't completely change the system. Although, it does seem a lot more dink and dunky.

5 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You're reading into this too much. If need be , he will be FLacco's replacement while he develops as a backup. In the meantime, his skilset is being used as an alternative to get him used to the speed of the game.

I wasn't reading into it at all. The first question was genuine. And I was gonna say he might be more effective on his run plays if they let him throw it once in a while. 

The second question I knew the answer to and was just making the point that he is actually a QB since he is the backup QB.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

His new OC was on the staff last year. I'm assuming he didn't completely change the system. Although, it does seem a lot more dink and dunky.

I'm not sure if it's more dink and dunky because Fichtner or because Ben is not accurate deep anymore.

Archived