NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Minny's hands were tied here. They weren't going to get a comparable return on what they paid for Butler a year ago considering he's a FA by the end of the season AND because the entire league knows how dysfunctional things are there with Butler. All they had to do was wait it out and let things continue to fester between Butler and the org until the org finally had enough. Their season is being compromised by all of it

It sucks for Minny but they did about as well as they could and at least it's finally over.

They could had got a future first before the season started.

10 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Calling Covington and saric very good is a bit if a stretch. Dario probably wont even start in minny. They gave to decent young role players who dont look like they are going to improve much from what they are right now. 

Saric should start.  He's a very good player, just had a rough start shooting this season.  He fits well in their starting lineup, though Thibs will probably bring him off the bench in favor of Gibson...for some reason.

11 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Calling Covington and saric very good is a bit if a stretch. Dario probably wont even start in minny. They gave to decent young role players who dont look like they are going to improve much from what they are right now. 

Cov is a super good role player right now. I’d disagree that Saric doesn’t have potential to improve. He’s had a slow start to the year but he was really good last year. 

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Saric should start.  He's a very good player, just had a rough start shooting this season.  He fits well in their starting lineup, though Thibs will probably bring him off the bench in favor of Gibson...for some reason.

Probably cause saric plus towns would be awful defensively. 

13 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

They could had got a future first before the season started.

Was this reported? What team was offering this? Butler requested his trade like right when training camp started which was awful timing by him and hamstrung Minnesota since teams had already set their rosters by that point

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

This still makes no sense to me. I've never seen the yips happen in the NBA, only in MLB/NFL with pitchers and kickers.

When he played college ball he shot 50% from the field and over 40% from three.  Granted, it's college, but he could shoot.  The 76ers and their coaching staff have literally ruined his career.  It's honestly a shame.

Just now, showtime said:

When he played college ball he shot 50% from the field and over 40% from three.  Granted, it's college, but he could shoot.  The 76ers and their coaching staff have literally ruined his career.  It's honestly a shame.

it's jarring to watch his college highlights and then see him now. Dude went full Charles Barkley golf swing with his shot

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

it's jarring to watch his college highlights and then see him now. Dude went full Charles Barkley golf swing with his shot

I know.  He shows flashes of a smooth shooting motion, but obviously consistently regresses a lot.  Had he went to Boston or pretty much any other team, he would be a really good player right now.  It's really unfortunate the 76ers traded up for him.

2 hours ago, El ramster said:

Basketball sucks when your NFL team is out here making loves to fools... Love Dipo man but he has zero help.

Tyreek isn't a good fit with the team. We should sign Sabonis right now to a contract the dude is a monster of a baller. 

But he can't play with Myles/Thad. 

Raptors and Chargers are a combined 17-3 right now so I have no idea what your talking about.. humble brag. 

Also I gotta digest this trade re-evaluate Philly. At first glance I honestly don’t think this a a total BS return for Minny. I don’t know how Jimmy is gonna fit it won’t be a seemless transition I’m sure but despite and they lose key depth and rotation players. That being said Philly absolutely makes this move 100/100 times despite how it may turn out but again I’m gonna withhold on a proclamation of any kind. 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I know.  He shows flashes of a smooth shooting motion, but obviously consistently regresses a lot.  Had he went to Boston or pretty much any other team, he would be a really good player right now.  It's really unfortunate the 76ers traded up for him.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Where did you see the sixers changed it? 

Edited by ninjapirate