Week 5 GDT - Titans @ Bills

FutureIsWhite

Just now, seminoles1 said:

That's a mistake by the QB if he's refusing to throw to wide open players.  Or it's a mistake to miss a wide open guy to throw to a covered guy.  Take your pick.

Gotta throw it to wide open receivers, I never said otherwise. Just said Mariota has no faith in the guy, pretty obvious.

Not everything that doesn't trash Mariota is defending him. I don't get some of you people.

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Something came up, so I lucked out and missed this game. Sounds like a pretty inexcusable loss.

This is not the "same old Titans" but this lost certainly has the "same old Titans" feel.

Same Old Titans again we win games we’re not suppose to win, then lose games we should win, still haven’t figured out how to keep our foot on the gas & control the division. We play the same 500 ball that has gotten us 9-7 the past 2 seasons. Y’all taking me saying same Ole Titans as if I’m saying we suck or we don’t have a shot, that’s not what I’m saying. Until we start winning games going  on streaks we’re the same Titans 

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Same Old Titans again we win games we’re not suppose to win, then lose games we should win, still haven’t figured out how to keep our foot on the gas & control the division. We play the same 500 ball that has gotten us 9-7 the past 2 seasons. Y’all taking me saying same Ole Titans as if I’m saying we suck or we don’t have a shot, that’s not what I’m saying. Until we start winning games going  on streaks we’re the same Titans 

But we aren't tho...lol

Same ol Titans is a negative phrase.  Saying we suck like we sucked through the previous eras.

I know we are hardcore fans, but is the team allowed no mistakes? If they come out next week and lay and egg then let's roast them. 
Ravens, Jags, Dolphins, us, Packers, and Broncos, all lost to teams we were supposed to beat. If you go in those forums or listen to their fan bases, they will probably sound the same. "we can't beat the teams we supposed to beat, can't finish, can't do this or that." 

Dolphins had 17 point lead and gave up 31 unanswered points. Ravens lost to the Browns in OT not scoring a point.  And the examples go on.
I just disagree with that notion. 

If you think the things you described are "Same ol Titans" then every team is Same ol....because those are things that happen to every team multiple times within a season. It's NFL football.  
You will have teams who fail to take advantage of division rivals lost. You will have teams that just can't seem to get "That" position right. 
We have closed out 3 straight games by putting our foot on the gas, going for it on 4th down,  being aggressive with the passing game or creative with the playcalling.  We just lost today. Turnovers, dropped passes against a good defense.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

But we aren't tho...lol

Same ol Titans is a negative phrase.  Saying we suck like we sucked through the previous eras.

I know we are hardcore fans, but is the team allowed no mistakes? If they come out next week and lay and egg then let's roast them. 
Ravens, Jags, Dolphins, us, Packers, and Broncos, all lost to teams we were supposed to beat. If you go in those forums or listen to their fan bases, they will probably sound the same. "we can't beat the teams we supposed to beat, can't finish, can't do this or that." 

Dolphins had 17 point lead and gave up 31 unanswered points. Ravens lost to the Browns in OT not scoring a point.  And the examples go on.
I just disagree with that notion. 

If you think the things you described are "Same ol Titans" then every team is Same ol....because those are things that happen to every team multiple times within a season. It's NFL football.  
You will have teams who fail to take advantage of division rivals lost. You will have teams that just can't seem to get "That" position right. 
We have closed out 3 straight games by putting our foot on the gas, going for it on 4th down,  being aggressive with the passing game or creative with the playcalling.  We just lost today. Turnovers, dropped passes against a good defense.

Its a negative phrase depending on how you choose to interpret it. I’m not saying we suck when I say same ole titans. Same Ole Titans to me means no change in how we win & lose football games. Just how we’ve been 9-7 the past 2 seasons 

At this point, nobody outside of Davis should be stopping the front office from signing a WR. If we were to sign Dez I think Taylor would excel in the slot. Dez, Maclin, Britt have to be in consideration at this point. We’ve had 2 crucial drops by WRs who shouldn’t be getting any significant playing time outside of special teams. The drops makes the Matthews situation so much more irritating.

honesy bringing back Burnett seems like the most realistic option right now. Should have never been cut.

Also us not having victory Monday should help with better game planning and excecution In my opinion.

Maybe this is the Buffalo team. They made the playoffs last year too and gave the Jags a tough match.

They whipped a Super Bowl team in the Vikings. And they squeaked by us. It's not a loss to an 0-16 Lions team. Their offense is brutal but the defense is legit. 

It's only a bad loss because of our turnovers and drops. Otherwise it's a loss to a more than respectable defense. 

14 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’m on the Dez bandwagon at this point... Anything to get those two bums Jennings and Williams off this team.

Jennings wasn't a bum today. He dropped that pass last week but had a decent run on a screen today. And a nice return.

We need another WR because I think they are ST players. They have value there. But can't be trusted as Wrs. 

Dez isn't the answer to me. And something must be wrong with Maclin. Don't know where else to turn honestly. 

Archived