2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Giants are eyeing Brewers assistant GM Matt Arnold to take over for Bobby Evans as GM. First name that has been associated with the opening. 

As long as the Giants and Mets keep their grubby hands off Jason McLeod, I'm good.

Would love to see the Indians trade Cookie for the best outfielder they could get. I think with kluber Bauer Clevenger Bieber and Bring up McKenzie would give them a darn good rotation. They desperately need outfield help. 

Would like to see them try and keep Donaldson. 

Just the more I think about, the more I’m starting to Realize these will be the last few season with Lindor in the Indians organization. Loved watching him when he played for their singleA team. To me there is no way the Indians Will give him the contract he deserves. If they do, there will be no money anywhere else on the team. It’s a damn shame. A small/mid market team develops there guy who turns into one of the best players in the world and they won’t even be able to enjoy the prime years of him. 

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Would love to see the Indians trade Cookie for the best outfielder they could get. I think with kluber Bauer Clevenger Bieber and Bring up McKenzie would give them a darn good rotation. They desperately need outfield help. 

Would like to see them try and keep Donaldson. 

Just the more I think about, the more I’m starting to Realize these will be the last few season with Lindor in the Indians organization. Loved watching him when he played for their singleA team. To me there is no way the Indians Will give him the contract he deserves. If they do, there will be no money anywhere else on the team. It’s a damn shame. A small/mid market team develops there guy who turns into one of the best players in the world and they won’t even be able to enjoy the prime years of him. 

I mean, the Tribe will control his rights until 2022, when he will be 29 at least. Hopefully they pay him/lock him up, but to be fair, the deal that they signed JRam for is more than a bargain. He'd get at least 2-3 times what they're paying him if he hit the open market today.

The reality is, their window is going to start closing in the next couple of years, as they're going to have some very tough decisions to make (Bauer, Lindor, unloading Kipnis and his awful contract, which is an impossibility). If their track record holds true, I'd bet on them dealing several of these guys for young prospects and hitting the "reset" button, hoping for a rebound 2-3 years later.

Archived