2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

2 hours ago, N4L said:

Ive hated belt for a few years. He has such a bad swing.

We will miss the stretch/length at first though, especially as Crawford gets older, but it is time to move on. 

Giants should eat all of the money remaining and get some good prospects... but they wont

Belt never really bugged me all that much. Incredibly streaky hitter for sure, but he's largely been a very positive player for the most part. He's been a 4 WAR player rated to a full season for several years now. Even his contract compared to his production and what he does is very fair. For some reason, I think his contract is fairly considered onerous, but on a APY basis, it's really not. Maybe it's the length that bothers people, I don't know.

That being said, he gets killed by the home park probably more than anyone. If he goes to the Yankees, I wouldn't at all be shocked if he's a 25 home run guy this year. He's got that kind of power, but it plays very poorly in our park. His defense is certainly a boon as well. The biggest problem I have with him is his health. The last few years, he just can't stay healthy. His rate production isn't dropping that much (3 war in 104 in 2017, 2.7 war in 110 last year), but he's missed 100 games the last two seasons just about. 

3 hours ago, crab1106 said:

If Florial is the headliner then the deal needs to be done yesterday. Something like Florial, Lasagna, Abreu and King would make me very happy.

Yeah Florial is nice but **** it.  Or they can have that other ginger kid if they want. 

Kluber would be such a big get and we've got 2 of our 3 outfielders for the next 10 years anyway.

2 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Who wants Aaron Sanchez or Marcus Stroman?

I wouldn't be completely against giving them a look if i was the Braves.  they are young and have alot of talent although this wasn't their best year they are only 1 to 2 years removed from having tremendous seasons.  Also AA knows them and the bluejays very well.  Their could be something to work with there honestly.

Archived