Winkler RF 

Votto 1B 

Gennett 2B 

Schebler LF

Senzel 3B 

Barnhart C

Peraza SS 

That's the best Reda team I've seen in years 

Yea but it’s still terrible. Vomit-inducingly terrible, in fact.

18 hours ago, N4L said:

You are insane lol

If the analytic guys are all going to look at those stats and think he is in decline, then I doubt the Giants get what they are looking for right now.

I dont anticipate him being moved this offseason. Its more likely we keep the band together for the early part of the season, then unload the bullpen and possibly Bum at the deadline, especially if he has a bounce back season.

I think if a team like houston loses a guy like verlander for example, or if the yankees rotation is really terrible, and Bum is Bum, then we would be able to get a lot more for him than we could right now. 

Hes not a power pitcher, and despite all of the talk about the velo decline, I am pretty confident that he will pitch for another 10 years. The release is easy on the arm and is deceiving and hes got the right build/mindset to pitch through his 40s. Just a hunch. (I wish this was 50 years ago and bum could play 1st base on the days he doesnt pitch)

@ramssuperbowl99 you of all people should appreciate an old school junk yard dog who doesn't take crap from anyone. 

Nothing like a BUM BIG FLY

I'm not saying he's terrible or anything. I think he's an above average pitcher still this year and probably in the very immediate future, but he's not an ace any more, I think that is pretty evident. Personally, I have no interest in signing him long term, and I have no interest in having him here during what's going to be a lost season, so yeah, I'm all aboard the "get what you can get" train. He could very well pitch for 10 more years, I just don't think the majority of that will be at a super high level. All of the optics just really show some bad regression. Fastball velo way down (2 mph), and it's getting hit hard. Hitters had a nearly 900 ops against his fastball last year. He was well below the league average in swinging strikes, which is pretty bad (and he wasn't all that close - nearly 2% lower than league average, which is considerable when league average is only around 10.5 - 11%. A lot of his advanced metrics paint him right around league average or just above it.  The walk rate was a career high, the strike out rate a career low. Hard hit rate was up there. His home road splits are really, really bad - which has to send alarm bells up the spine when the guy is fortunate enough to play in the best pitchers park in the majors. 

Truthfully, he's just not been right since the dirt bike accident. And maybe these last two years were largely showing diminished stuff just because of the injuries and he gets it back this year when he doesn't miss any time. Certainly possible. I don't view it as probable, but possible. 

Maybe the team gets more for him at the deadline if he's having a really good season as compared to what they can get for him now. Then again, the market should be a little bigger right now then it will be then because some teams will have given up on the playoffs by that point. Then there's always the chance that he struggles this season and nobody really wants him. We were never going to get much for him this year - the time to trade him, honestly, was two years ago when he could have fetched a similar package to the one Chris Sale got. But obviously, from the giants perspective, that didn't make a ton of sense since we were just coming off a playoff appearance. 

10 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

Free agent center fielder A.J. Pollock is attracting plenty of interest, but he’s looking for close to Lorenzo Cain’s 5-year, $80 million deal with #Brewers in early talks with suitors.

I'd have no problem giving Pollock that type of money, but he just can't stay healthy.  He's had only two seasons playing more than the 113 games he played this year.  

54 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Best move this off-season by the Braves. Joe Simpson is a clown.

Wish I could like this post 20 times. Joe Simpson is basically being thrown out to the pasture because of his antics, yet the freakin Braves put him in the team Hall of Fame last season. Him and Chip were probably the worst broadcast team in MLB. 

According to Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports, there is "significant momentum" toward a trade that would send Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz to the Mets.

Passan writes that "there is an increasing expectation a trade will get finished." Cano has not yet been approached about waiving his no-trade clause, but Passan hears the veteran second baseman is "expected to agree to it" if a deal does come together. It'd obviously be a massive blockbuster, as Diaz is arguably the best closer in the game at age 24 and Cano still has the cachet of a superstar even at age 36. Cano is owed $120 million over the next five years, but Andy Martino of SNY.tv reported Tuesday that the rebuilding Mariners would be willing to eat about $10 million annually to move the remainder of his contract. Maybe that changes with Diaz's inclusion. He isn't arbitration-eligible until next winter.

50 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

According to Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports, there is "significant momentum" toward a trade that would send Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz to the Mets.

Passan writes that "there is an increasing expectation a trade will get finished." Cano has not yet been approached about waiving his no-trade clause, but Passan hears the veteran second baseman is "expected to agree to it" if a deal does come together. It'd obviously be a massive blockbuster, as Diaz is arguably the best closer in the game at age 24 and Cano still has the cachet of a superstar even at age 36. Cano is owed $120 million over the next five years, but Andy Martino of SNY.tv reported Tuesday that the rebuilding Mariners would be willing to eat about $10 million annually to move the remainder of his contract. Maybe that changes with Diaz's inclusion. He isn't arbitration-eligible until next winter.

It makes little sense but my heart wants Cano back to NYY. He was my first favorite player. 

2 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

There isn't enough alcohol in the world to console me for what the Mets are about to do.

So...they might trade Thor and rebuild or they might trade for Cano and Diaz and try to compete only to end up in 4th?  Do they...think they can compete or?  They were pretty horrid last year with a historic year from DeGromm.  Also...who are they giving up for Cano/Diaz?  Isn't their system horrid?

Archived