Game Day Thread: week 5 Broncos at Jets

thebestever6

Yeah.  I’d be incredibly surprised if Joseph is coaching this team tomorrow.  It’d be early by coaching firing standards, but it’s a move that needs done.

With that move, here in a week or 2 Chad Kelly needs to be inserted at QB.

I'll still hold to the belief that we aren't going to go to Chad Kelly until Elway sees we are out of playoff contention.  Having said that, this just went a looooooooooooooooong way to open his eyes on how far away from contention that we really are.    We're getting housed by LAR, the key game will be @ARI.  We lose that...and guess what, the reality should sink it for Elway by then.

Our QB sucks, our OL cannot pass protect on the outside, and our pass D is horrendous outside of CHJ (2nd/3rd CB, TE & RB coverage) - and now we've shown that our supposed stout run D can be beaten down with effort.

The thing that really discourages me today is that unlike KC's L, we saw full effort, and no quit.  Today, we saw the exact opposite.  I'm sorry, while some of that falls to the leaders on the team, VJ has to take a huge part of the blame here.    

6 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

In what universe did Elway think that signing Case Keenum was a good idea? You have to be kidding me. How did he succeed last year in Minnesota? That was BS.

He just needed a game manager because the defense was going to Superbowl worthy is what everyone kept saying. Elway continues to think his team is capable of winning now and made the mistake of not taking a QB top 5 when they had the chance.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

He just needed a game manager because the defense was going to Superbowl worthy is what everyone kept saying. Elway continues to think his team is capable of winning now and made the mistake of not taking a QB top 5 when they had the chance.

Before this game he hadn't thrown a td since week one I don't even think hes game manager. 

12 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

In what universe did Elway think that signing Case Keenum was a good idea? You have to be kidding me. How did he succeed last year in Minnesota? That was BS.

To be fair, there were a LOT of ppl who bought this take...hook, line and sinker.   And stumped HARD to pass on QB for this draft because we had Case freaking Keenum as our starter.   It's just pretty sad that it's only taken 5 weeks for this very obvious flaw in thinking to be exposed.  

Elway's been a fantastic GM, and he still brings so much to the table - but while his Day 1-2 draft troubles have appeared to settle with this year's results, his (and Kubiak's) complete inability to figure out QB, and his inability to think beyond win-now with a mediocre roster, well, they're his big Achilles right now.    His loyalty to VJ, however, given that was his call - well, mercifully that should end soon.

Archived