Who is your favorite player from your team past or present?

TecmoSuperJoe

Josh Cribbs. First reason because there was no good players (outside of JT) who actually stuck with the Browns long enough to form any sort of attachment to. Secondly was because in 15+ years full of 3-13 seasons the most exciting part was making sure your back from the fridge to watch Josh Cribbs return kicks/punts.

No particular order, but it might correlate a bit.

5 Saints:

Drew Brees

Reggie Bush

Cam Jordan

Lance Moore

Marques Colston

10 Non-Saints I've really enjoyed watching over the years:

Tom Brady

Rob Gronkowski

Troy Polamalu

Chad Johnson

Steve Smith

Marshawn Lynch

Jerome Bettis

Randy Moss

Desean Jackson

Kam Chancellor

Steve Smith. Fastest, strongest, highest-jumping, meanest, and best at showboating among all wideouts throughout the 2000s. At least top five in all those categories at the last. Great playoff performer. Would block. An electric return man. Put up big numbers despite being on the most run-heavy team in the league. Just entertaining as hell to watch.

Currently it would be Cam or Luke. Love how Cam loves to just have fun out there and gives it his all. Makes something out of nothing each week. Luke is all over the place making plays. Guy is a freak. Will always remember his 2013 game against the Saints where he had 24 tackles and NO only scored 13 points on 81 plays. Incredible.

Past:
Payton(ofcourse): I have never seen someone run with so much intensity and do so much for his community during the crack epidemic times and also for those around him.

Zoom = I met him more than a few times(twice outside of any football events--he once came to a charity even I was co-hosting) so this may be a bit of a biased opinion here. Not a special player but very underrated.

Polamalu = The best safety I have ever seen, period. His versatility , instincts and passion alone made him the best of all-time, imo.  

Lewis = Leadership. Still to till this day, nobody has had as much of an influence on the players around them as he did. Lewis' leadership did it with both words and action.

Urlacher = I watched this defense in the 80's to the early 90's go from being one of the most feared, to a decade of a joke, back to a decade perennial threat built around Urlacher alone. Even after losing Rosenvelt and McQuarters.  

Brown  = Wish he would've stayed healthy. He was on pace to be one of the best ever. His impact cannot on games during the his short time cannot be stated enough.

Peanut = The epitome of a class act on and off the field. Most people NOW know about the "peanut punch", but I was sad that it took as long as it did for the media and other fans to catch on because he had been doing this throughout his entire career. 

Archived