Who is your favorite player from your team past or present?

TecmoSuperJoe

9 hours ago, Buddyboy said:

Red Grange

Semi seriously, Halas launched the NFL in the 1920s with the Galloping Ghost. Grange at his height of popularity was making $1 million per year, along with Babe Ruth. His agent CC Pyle, arranged his business life with Halas. Ol' Cash n Carry Pyle was the silent partner in the Roaring Twenties.

Halas seemed to have a knack for finding talent that would lend itself to promotion.

George Trafton, one of the early hof players, the C, dabbled in amateur boxing with other Chicago pro players. He and White Sox slugger Art Shirer, promoted an amateur match that kept being promoted upward to bigger arenas. Newspapers claimed Al Capone was interested. Supposedly Halas and Sox owner Comiskey mediated the dispute. Somehow Trafton walked away with $5,000. The story has a 1920s Front Page quality.

If my username doesnt give it away, obvi Jerry Rice is my favorite of all time.

2 others who will always be near and dear to me are Charlie Garner and Garrison Hearst.

Favorite modern day player is probably Nuk. Favorite modern day Raider would be Rodney Hudson

11 minutes ago, Malik said:

Jets have so many blue collar plays who don't make exciting plays. At least in my lifetime they haven't. Leon Washington was one of the rare dynamic players. 

You got my favorite player ever. Jim Leonhard. Hes treasured here in Madison

6 hours ago, lancerman said:

Tom Brady. When you’re ten years old and watch him come in as a replacement and win your team a Super Bowl and then go on an unprecedented run of dominance well into your 20’s he’s probably going to be your sports guy 

i remember watching this senior year of high school

in my mid 30s now wow time flys by

Archived