5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

Just now, Patriotplayer90 said:

Blah, blah, blah.  #1 QB rating all time.  No top 10 defense since 2010.  And we are blaming the freaking QB for our lack of success?  Absolutely pathetic .

As usual, you refuse to read anything outside of your agenda.  No, I'm not blaming him for our lack of success.  I just refuse to look at him in this infallible light you choose to.  You choose to refuse to look at the light in front of you.  Maybe if you're lucky @AlexGreen#20 will pull a few GIFs to show you an example of what I'm talking about.  I'm not saying he's a HUGE reason for our success.  I am saying that there is things he needs to correct.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's always been that way, we just overlooked it because he was having success elsewhere.  I can pretty much guarantee you that we could probably find an open WR or RB whenever he held onto the ball too long.

You're probably right, but come on, that's like his only flaw. You guys are almost penalizing him for not being perfect. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

As usual, you refuse to read anything outside of your agenda.  No, I'm not blaming him for our lack of success.  I just refuse to look at him in this infallible light you choose to.  You choose to refuse to look at the light in front of you.  Maybe if you're lucky @AlexGreen#20 will pull a few GIFs to show you an example of what I'm talking about.  I'm not saying he's a HUGE reason for our success.  I am saying that there is things he needs to correct.

Of what?  Nitpicking by keyboard warriors who ignore the "success" of the team without Rodgers?  You demand perfection.  Rodgers is as close as anyone will ever get, so shut up and enjoy it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

Go watch the Titans if you guys love complaining about QB play.  Rodgers is amazing.  You all are spoiled and unworthy.  I hope that he leaves this garbage team and coach.

Oh gee what a logical argument, I guess we shouldn't continue to look to improve because another team is worse.  That's some Grade A logic right there.  I'm done.

Just now, Patriotplayer90 said:

Of what?  Nitpicking by keyboard warriors who ignore the "success" of the team without Rodgers?  You demand perfection.  Rodgers is as close as anyone will ever get, so shut up and enjoy it 

Last word, and then I really am done.  No.  I'm saying there is room for improvement like there is for every damn player in every damn league.  Rodgers is no different.  How many series could have been extended had Rodgers been willing to dump it off to his back on a 2nd and long making it a more manageable 3rd and short?  More than you care to admit. Just because you refuse to hold players accountable, doesn't mean others shouldn't.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Oh gee what a logical argument, I guess we shouldn't continue to look to improve because another team is worse.  That's some Grade A logic right there.  I'm done.

You have the QB with the best efficiency rating ever .  The problem lies elsewhere, as shown by that 30 percent success our coach has without him.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You had it ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, malak1 said:

You're probably right, but come on, that's like his only flaw. You guys are almost penalizing him for not being perfect. 

And I'm not saying that he's this horribly flawed player.  But we're looking for inefficiency in the offense, and that's an obvious one.  How many times have we seen Rodgers pass up easy yardage on 2nd and long in favor of the big play only to leave us looking at 3rd and long?