5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm not clicking on any linking with Colin Cowherd's gremlin-*** face looking at me, can you paraphrase?

They where talking about the human side of athletes. Greg talked about his GB exit and how he was bitter, because he wasn’t ready to experience the business side of the business.

He talked about how in the first game of his last season in GB, against SF. Carlos Rogers was covering him saying “man Greg why do they have you running these nothing routes.” Greg replied “you know how it goes, I’m in a contract year and teams get funny with that.” Aaron was listening and butted in by saying to Carlos “yeah you guys should go after him and sign him this offseason”. 

Needless to say Greg was hurt. He said as much and said all the stuff he would of kept quiet and private about Aaron went out of the window. Because Greg said he felt betrayed by his QB. His QB already trying to get rid of him after letting him into his family.

Greg said he talked to all the coaches knowing he wouldn’t be back because they are going to pay Aaron and if that’s his opinion on him Aaron wasn’t going to stand up for Greg (like a Jordy, James, John, etc). 

Edited by Green19

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

They where talking about the human side of athletes. Greg talked about his GB exit and how he was bitter, because he wasn’t ready to experience the business side of the business.

He talked about how in the first game of his last season in GB, against SF. Carlos Rogers was covering him saying “man Greg why do they have you running these nothing routes.” Greg replied “you know how it goes, I’m in a contract year and teams get funny with that.” Aaron was listening and butted I’m by saying to Carlos “yeah you guys should go after him and sign him this offseason”. 

Needless to say Greg was hurt. He said as much and said all the stuff he would of kept quiet and private about Aaron went out of the window. Because Greg said he felt betrayed by his QB. His QB already trying to get rid of him after letting him into his family.

Greg said he talked to all the coaches knowing he wouldn’t be back because they are going to pay Aaron and if that’s his opinion on him Aaron wasn’t going to stand up for Greg (like a Jordy, James, John, etc). 

Jennings is sensitive. 

44 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If you're looking for somebody to defend Rodgers this year, I'm either last in line or second to last in line behind @Outpost31

I’m not. I just think it’s funny that theses players can’t be human.

You say he is sensitive... yet most anyone in any job would feel the same way if that happened to them. Not looking for anyone to defend Rodgers either.

The book is pretty clear on him too. He is an open nerve and anything and everything bugs him, and it’s why he won’t be like Brady... because at least Brady for a season can blind himself and do his job. Aaron can’t do that. And because of it he won’t have as much team success as Tom has had.

When a fan can come up to him and be like oh wow you’re shorter then I thought... and he feels he needs to make a comment back, dude has issues.

I just love these other sides of stories because at the time everyone thought Greg to be a jerk. Yet he kept that story quiet for along time. And he seems more relatable now. I can see why he had an axe to grind. But you can tell he can look back on it with slight regret because he allowed himself to get too bitter.

11 hours ago, Gopher Trace said:

For a guy as Californian as he is, Rodgers is a pretty terrible actor in those commercials. That doofus Eli Manning actually does a better job at it in those Visa ads.

I think he’s pretty dry. His best comic qualities are physical. During a TC practice  I watched him turn a QB slide into an exaggerated baseball slide into 2nd base that cracked everyone up.

Come to think of it, I like the whole genre of NFL quarterback commercials, minus Cam Newton’s probiotic yogurt pitch. Peyton Manning’s Nationwide run is going overlong, but they have now switched a country singer into the dry role of the schlimozel and made Peyton into a more annoying schlimiehl. Drew Brees is funny in the “But I won a Superbowl” Visa ad playing the same character that Aaron does in his commercials. 

17 hours ago, Green19 said:

He talked about how in the first game of his last season in GB, against SF. Carlos Rogers was covering him saying “man Greg why do they have you running these nothing routes.” Greg replied “you know how it goes, I’m in a contract year and teams get funny with that.” Aaron was listening and butted in by saying to Carlos “yeah you guys should go after him and sign him this offseason”. 

I'm calling BS.  Jennings was offered decent money ($10M) to stay with GB considering the talent we had at WR.  He turned it down, played out the year.  GB still offered him $8M, but by then he was butt-hurt, his sister was badmouthing the Packers and he signed with Minnesota.  He actually had a decent year his first year there, but then faded off into the sunset and has been trying to be relevant ever since. 

https://www.twincities.com/2013/03/17/greg-jennings-passed-on-8-million-offer-from-green-bay/

3 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

I'm calling BS.  Jennings was offered decent money ($10M) to stay with GB considering the talent we had at WR.  He turned it down, played out the year.  GB still offered him $8M, but by then he was butt-hurt, his sister was badmouthing the Packers and he signed with Minnesota.  He actually had a decent year his first year there, but then faded off into the sunset and has been trying to be relevant ever since. 

https://www.twincities.com/2013/03/17/greg-jennings-passed-on-8-million-offer-from-green-bay/

That’s the point. He discussed how he didn’t want to leave... but at the end of the day GB wasn’t going to pay a premium and because of the other locker room stuff it doomed any deal.

It makes perfect sense. Normally guys don’t resign when they get upset.

The point is how Rodgers didn’t help the situation. Although it’s interesting to see which WRs Rodgers “liked” out of that SI cover.

dislikes/issues: Jennings, Finely, Driver

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

That’s the point. He discussed how he didn’t want to leave... but at the end of the day GB wasn’t going to pay a premium and because of the other locker room stuff it doomed any deal.

It makes perfect sense. Normally guys don’t resign when they get upset.

The point is how Rodgers didn’t help the situation. Although it’s interesting to see which WRs Rodgers “liked” out of that SI cover.

dislikes/issues: Jennings, Finely, Driver

Packers originally offered $10M to extend.  He declined and the Pack decreased his offer to $8M after the season.  So he had a premium offer from the Pack.  More than he ended up signing for.  This says more about Jennings than it does about Rodgers.  Rodgers, as you pointed out, went to bat for other WRs.  Jennings was like a high maintenance girl friend, just not worth the effort.