5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

I guess I think that MVS could rip Randy apart...

That was the best "flex" picture I could get of Moss.

And...I thought MVS was thicker in the chest....maybe he isn't.

As far as AJ Green goes?  I see more ESB when thinking about Green.  Fluid.  Not as ripped.  But...I do get it.

27 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Poor man's AJ Green.  Same build, size and MVS is just a little faster.

what is the point of these moss/aj green comparisons?  I don't think MVS catches or plays at all like these players.

He reminds me of La"damien Washington: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/players/76603/l-damian-washington

Jeff Janis

Matt Hazel, or Marcus Lucas.   Who are these non-Janis players?  Yeah, I dunno either, but the have the same height and weight so let's draw lines there I guess.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Nobody wants to say it, but he's like a poor-man's Moss.

He doesn't have Moss' ball skills, though - but has similar physical traits and I could see them being used similarly.

Actually like the Wilde article showed, some have been saying it since the preseason.

You're right about MVS not having Moss's ball skills though.

at 6-foot-4 and 206 pounds, Valdes-Scantling ran the 40-yard dash in 4.37 seconds at the NFL scouting combine. To put into perspective how fast that is for a wide receiver that size, there was another receiver who measured 6-4, weighed 194 pounds and ran his 40 in 4.38 seconds awhile back. That was at the 1998 combine — and that receiver was Randy Moss.”

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/nfl-offers-chance-for-packers-fifth-round-draft-pick-marquez/article_5349a999-eb3a-5956-b1df-d329e187ce9a.html

Edited by Arthur Penske

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

what is the point of these moss/aj green comparisons?  I don't think MVS catches or plays at all like these players.

He reminds me of La"damien Washington: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/players/76603/l-damian-washington

Jeff Janis

Matt Hazel, or Marcus Lucas.   Who are these non-Janis players?  Yeah, I dunno either, but the have the same height and weight so let's draw lines there I guess.

LMAO at ldamien Washington comp.

The question was what "NFL" player reminds you of MVS. 

14 hours ago, YaddaHolla said:

Is MVS gonna be a good one?

That is a million dollar question, right?  The key to him versus many others that have come before him with size/speed is simply his understanding of an offense and opportunity.

I think he has a great opportunity, namely in Rodgers.  He needs to continue to develop, he needs to run better routes and more importantly, he needs to think less and play more to his athletic ability.  I don't think we've seen him really unleash his physical gifts just yet...and despite that, he's been very productive as a rookie.  If GB can find a good WR coach, and he gets off-season reps with Rodgers, I think he has the talent to be a special one.  

ESB, too.

Anyone hear Greg Jennings story about how in the first game of his last year Rodgers told the 49ers they should sign him?

Pretty interesting. Helps to understand why that “friendship” fell apart and why Greg was bitter towards Rodgers and the Packers.

Just now, Green19 said:

Anyone hear Greg Jennings story about how in the first game of his last year Rodgers told the 49ers they should sign him?

Pretty interesting. Helps to understand why that “friendship” fell apart and why Greg was bitter towards Rodgers and the Packers.

ExcellentShortIberianlynx-small.gif

46 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I'm not clicking on any linking with Colin Cowherd's gremlin-*** face looking at me, can you paraphrase?