Giants officially cut OT Ereck Flowers; Signed by Jaguars

carrolljcmc

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

He's fat lazy and unmotivated. Someone will try and see if they can get him to work for it and he'll steal some more money before he quietly is put of football.

"Hush yo' MOUFF! Ah'm go'n whomp you wit mah belly, Boy!"

Image result for ereck flowers

On 10/10/2018 at 4:52 PM, .Buzz said:

Yeah idk, he's youngish and OL depth throughout the league isn't good. Some team may think they can get something out of him.

Not a ton of risk to giving him a shot. Worst case, cut him. These teams don't have a lot invested in him like NYG.

Exactly. Every team believes their coaching will make the difference. Change of scenery will help. Sometimes it does work. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

I still think he'll be trash but what's the downside to finding out for yourself, in house? None!

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Exactly. Every team believes their coaching will make the difference. Change of scenery will help. Sometimes it does work. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

I still think he'll be trash but what's the downside to finding out for yourself, in house? None!

My thoughts exactly.

44 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I like the gamble. ?‍♂️

"Hard to find much better"?

This is the guy who was benched for an UDFA tackle after two games this season (who has also done poorly), then proved he couldn't even be decent depth. A turnstile made with the lifeless remains of Marshall Newhouse would probably be a better flyer.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

"Hard to find much better"?

This is the guy who was benched for an UDFA tackle after two games this season (who has also done poorly), then proved he couldn't even be decent depth. A turnstile made with the lifeless remains of Marshall Newhouse would probably be a better flyer.

I mean, our current projected LT was a LG who has barely made appearances in a season's worth of games in 4.5 years sooo

Cameron Erving was one of the worst centers I've ever seen when he was with the Browns.  Got completely pushed around.  Now he's an Ok starter for the Chiefs at guard, and just got a contract extension.  Granted I haven't watched him closely but from what I hear, he's playing much better than he did in Cleveland.

So you can't rule out that there's some hope for Flowers. I personally wouldn't bet on him turning it around though...

I get why. He's got the measurables, and there's probably some chance he could turn it around.

But I do not like the idea of trotting out a guy who cares so little about preparation that he thought Calais Campbell was a speed rusher. 

Archived