Giants officially cut OT Ereck Flowers; Signed by Jaguars

carrolljcmc

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

They should've moved him to guard..RTs face the same if not more of the leagues' best rushers nowadays...don't see how they thought it'd be any better

2 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

I'm a little surprised they didn't try this either.  He's not the most agile but I think his size would have helped against DTs and given him an advantage at an interior line position 

He’s got zero anchor. I’m pretty sure I could bull rush him. Moving him inside would be a nightmare.

Was it worth an experiment? Maybe, but he wasn’t going to get any reps with Hernandez and Omameh. 

41 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

He’s got zero anchor. I’m pretty sure I could bull rush him. Moving him inside would be a nightmare.

Was it worth an experiment? Maybe, but he wasn’t going to get any reps with Hernandez and Omameh. 

Oh yea, he had like no LandA for an olineman.
Would've gotten exposed there too..but you maybe could've hidden him a little more.

don't want guys with that Shrek-body

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Oh yea, he had like no LandA for an olineman.
Would've gotten exposed there too..but you maybe could've hidden him a little more.

don't want guys with that Shrek-body

Have you seen Eli when there has been pressure up the middle since like 2015?

10 hours ago, carrolljcmc said:

Anyone else foresee the Patriots trading a 7th round pick in 2028 for Flowers, who will be a pro bowler this year and an all pro for the next 3 years line I do?

Not this time - he's in that 5% of guys who simply suck. No type of coaching would save him.

Archived