Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

18 hours ago, TKellion said:

Well no more warming woz's heart lol,We are now a QB needy team for the next draft.

To be fair, when I typed that, the starting quarterback's leg had not yet been folded up like a pretzel.

17 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I wouldn’t give Guice back. Geron Christian on the other hand simply wasn’t needed. 

A couple of years ago ppl liked it when we took a WR we didn’t need - and that was a 1st round pick. This year we use a 3rd round pick on a developmental back up OT bc TWill and Moses are walking injures, and Ty is 33 - who also had an injury riddled season last year - and you’re upset?

Christian wasn’t an awful selection. It wasn’t the one I would’ve made - I would’ve drafted Mason Cole - but still Christian wasn’t a bad selection, at worse he’s a good swing OT for us next year and for the rest of his rookie contract.

17 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Day 1: Campbell, Harry, Cody Ford, Josh Allen, Devin White, Mack Wilson 

Day 2: Thorsen, Finley, Jones, Grier, Stidham, Sills V, Caleb Wilson, Deiter, that corner from Delaware

I’d throw Hollywood Brown into the round 1 mix too

So far, I’m liking Grier. Not the biggest fan of how he bounces in the pocket instead of standing tall but that can be corrected. He’s loaded with talent but tends to hold the ball too long. I wonder how his transition to the pros will go with him playing exclusively out of the gun? 

Hes got a big arm, loves to take shots and pretty accurate to boot. I’m thinking we’d have to take him in the first to get him. Maybe you could get him Hollywood Brown in the second and possibly Sills later in the draft. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So far, I’m liking Grier. Not the biggest fan of how he bounces in the pocket instead of standing tall but that can be corrected. He’s loaded with talent but tends to hold the ball too long. I wonder how his transition to the pros will go with him playing exclusively out of the gun? 

Hes got a big arm, loves to take shots and pretty accurate to boot. I’m thinking we’d have to take him in the first to get him. Maybe you could get him Hollywood Brown in the second and possibly Sills later in the draft. 

I think Sills is a 3rd rounder, Jennings #12 should be a late round pick. He went to HS in Stafford, VA where my bosses grand daughters go and some other people I work with’s kids.

While I don't care for what Haskins did to Maryland I'd still sell the farm to get him. If he leaves OSU and he should, Herbert being picked over him would be outrageous. He's one of the best college QBs I've seen in years and he's still very young. Unless something goes remarkably wrong at the next level he has every chance to be very good. Another guy that the Redskins will miss out on because they refuse to have one down year in their quest for ever-mediocrity.

35 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

While I don't care for what Haskins did to Maryland I'd still sell the farm to get him. If he leaves OSU and he should, Herbert being picked over him would be outrageous. He's one of the best college QBs I've seen in years and he's still very young. Unless something goes remarkably wrong at the next level he has every chance to be very good. Another guy that the Redskins will miss out on because they refuse to have one down year in their quest for ever-mediocrity.

Id take him as a project if there in the 3rd. He has a lot of learning to do as a pocket passer in terms of processing and getting rid of the ball in 4 seconds. But other tools qbs need he seems to have. Good arm and accuracy, decent anticipation of routes, when he slides around he sets pretty good to throw a good ball instead of flipping up some floating backfoot/off balance duck.

Archived