Report: Giants players are getting frustrated with Eli Manning's performance

DigInBoys

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Being mediocre for 95% of his career isn't going to hold eli back.

He's got; the name, the superbowls, the draft story, in ny, people might no like it, but he is in.

This. Eli has 2 SB wins over Tom Brady, played for the NY Giants, and his last name is Manning. He'll get in 1st ballot. 

I really do understand the thought process behind the Giants taking a QB in the 2018 draft, but I hate people dogging "picking a RB" without attributing a name or skillset or anything besides a position to the player they did draft. Watch Saquon play. Players are already calling him the best RB in the league.

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I really do understand the thought process behind the Giants taking a QB in the 2018 draft, but I hate people dogging "picking a RB" without attributing a name or skillset or anything besides a position to the player they did draft. Watch Saquon play. Players are already calling him the best RB in the league.

Which doesn't mean much in the W-L column in today's league, evidenced by the Giants and Cardinals.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

He'd be a rookie QB behind a bad OL with Johnathan Stewart as his running back. Not exactly a situation where he could succeed.

You mean to tell me it can take more than 1 draft to turn a franchise around and become a regular playoff contender? What garbage is that?

18 hours ago, minutemancl said:

...have you seen Saquon?

Yep. Amazing player and will continue to be amazing. Look at someone like Joe Thomas. One of the best lineman ever but didn't impact any wins at all for Cleveland. If the Browns, in a hypothetical situation, could have switched him out for a franchise QB than they would have been in MUCH better shape.

But a franchise QB is soooooooo much more valuable. 

No one player can carry a team (unless you are among the GOAT qb's) but a franchise QB influences winning so much more than an amazing RB.

15 hours ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Yep. Amazing player and will continue to be amazing. Look at someone like Joe Thomas. One of the best lineman ever but didn't impact any wins at all for Cleveland. If the Browns, in a hypothetical situation, could have switched him out for a franchise QB than they would have been in MUCH better shape.

No one player can carry a team (unless you are among the GOAT qb's) but a franchise QB influences winning so much more than an amazing RB.

I don't think anybody is debating that a QB is the most impactful single position in football. The thing here is the Giants felt like they could take a good QB or an all-time great RB and chose the latter. For a team pretty devoid of talent everywhere, I'm totally ok with that.

That Browns/Joe Thomas analogy I don't agree with at all. They absolutely made the right pick with Joe Thomas. The pick of Joe Thomas didn't fail them, every other pick they missed on failed them. It takes a lot to build a good team; you don't look at the great players you took and regret not picking a better or a more impactful player.

15 hours ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

So, was last draft the ONLY draft to get a franchise QB?

I said it before, will say it again - I'll take Saquan/Justin Herbert over Darnold/Bryce Love every time (and I'm actually a fan of both Darnold AND Love).

Next year, whichever QB the Giants land is going to start day one and have the luxury of giving the ball to Saquan 25+ times a game. That's going to make that learning curve much easier.

Giants FO know where they are as a franchise - pretty far away from competing. Might as well build that offensive foundation around a very dynamic superback such as Barkley.

Archived