Report: Giants players are getting frustrated with Eli Manning's performance

DigInBoys

8 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

The funny thing about this they talk about what Odell did last week as damaging the locker room yet a week later we get a report saying that player in locker room are don’t believe in Eli. So rather than the interview by Odell(which btw I watched the FULL 45min interview), it’s actually the QBs play yet people wanna blame Odell. Media for you in a nutshell.

Actually, Eli sucks and OBJ is a cancer. It's not one or the other. It's both happening simultaneously. Giants are a dumpster fire outside of Barkley, Landon Collins, and Will Hernandez. Shepherd and Engram are nice, but can't stay healthy. BJ Hill and Olivier Vernon are good too I guess, but that team is in disarray from a player leadership and coaching ability standpoint. And then there's Eli just straight up sucking.

13 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Actually, Eli sucks and OBJ is a cancer. It's not one or the other. It's both happening simultaneously. Giants are a dumpster fire outside of Barkley, Landon Collins, and Will Hernandez. Shepherd and Engram are nice, but can't stay healthy. BJ Hill and Olivier Vernon are good too I guess, but that team is in disarray from a player leadership and coaching ability standpoint. And then there's Eli just straight up sucking.

Yeah you don’t know what you’re talking about.

On 10/12/2018 at 2:13 PM, SmittyBacall said:

What does our match up have to do with the Browns horrible drafting?

Probably about the same as him being a Browns fan effecting his ability to comment on another team’s drafting - nothing. 

10 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Get a bucket

lol, you're probably right.  It just really bothers me that he'll get in solely because he was a QB of two SB winning teams.  They wouldn't do that with any other position.

This is just for fun, because i know you're right and i'm not dying on this hill.  But:

QB A:
51% win%
4.5 TD%
3.0 INT%
7.0 YPA
6.34 NY/A
83.7 QB rating

QB B:
59% win%
4.8 TD%
2.6 INT%
7.2 YPA
6.42 NY/A
89.1 QB rating

One of these guys is a HOF QB.  The other is definitely not.  I think you can safely deduce QB A is Eli Manning.  Who is QB B?

EDIT QB B is active in this time frame.  So this isn't a discrepancy between eras.

4 minutes ago, theJ said:

lol, you're probably right.  It just really bothers me that he'll get in solely because he was a QB of two SB winning teams.  They wouldn't do that with any other position.

This is just for fun, because i know you're right and i'm not dying on this hill.  But:

QB A:
51% win%
4.5 TD%
3.0 INT%
7.0 YPA
6.34 NY/A
83.7 QB rating

QB B:
59% win%
4.8 TD%
2.6 INT%
7.2 YPA
6.42 NY/A
89.1 QB rating

One of these guys is a HOF QB.  The other is definitely not.  I think you can safely deduce QB A is Eli Manning.  Who is QB B?

It’s obviously Andy Dalton 

12 minutes ago, lancerman said:

It’s obviously Andy Dalton 

I probably made it too easy.  But i'm betting i could find a few others with similar discrepancies.  There are no shortage of QB's from this era with average/good stats and no SB wins who will never sniff the hall.  For Eli to get in purely because he was on two SB winning teams i think is a disgrace to the HOF.

Another shocking thing: he's only been to the playoffs 6 times.  In 15 years.

46 minutes ago, theJ said:

QB A:
51% win%
4.5 TD%
3.0 INT%
7.0 YPA
6.34 NY/A
83.7 QB rating

QB B:
59% win%
4.8 TD%
2.6 INT%
7.2 YPA
6.42 NY/A
89.1 QB rating

EDIT QB B is active in this time frame.  So this isn't a discrepancy between eras.

You could do the same for the former Bengals QB Carson Palmer. They've been virtually the same outside of Palmer having a higher single season peak. Eli Manning is Carson Palmer with rings.

51.11 Winning Percentage

4.7 TD%

3.0 INT%

7.3YPA

6.60 NY/A

87.9 Passer Rating

9 minutes ago, Malik said:

You could do the same for the former Bengals QB Carson Palmer. They've been virtually the same outside of Palmer having a higher single season peak. Eli Manning is Carson Palmer with rings.

51.11 Winning Percentage

4.7 TD%

3.0 INT%

7.3YPA

6.60 NY/A

87.9 Passer Rating

I agree, and this shows that Eli was probably helped more by his circumstance than his merit.  To me, you shouldn't be able to look at a HOF type player and say that if they moved to another team they would have been viewed as average.  You should be forced to say that maybe they wouldn't have won SB's, but they still had a fantastic career (ex. Marino).

Take Eli's rings away and he's an average QB for his generation who probably gets cut/traded a few years ago.  Heck maybe his career would already be over.

10 minutes ago, theJ said:

I agree, and this shows that Eli was probably helped more by his circumstance than his merit.  To me, you shouldn't be able to look at a HOF type player and say that if they moved to another team they would have been viewed as average.  You should be forced to say that maybe they wouldn't have won SB's, but they still had a fantastic career (ex. Marino).

Take Eli's rings away and he's an average QB for his generation who probably gets cut/traded a few years ago.  Heck maybe his career would already be over.

I think he'd still find work as a starter but I agree that he's pretty much interchangeable with pretty much any long term starter in like the last 20 years of the NFL. What's the difference between Eli and Bledsoe? If there is a gap is it even that wide? He fell into better circumstances than pretty much every QB of his era of similar talent. Obviously that doesn't take away from his great Super Bowl runs, but 8 games shouldn't put you into any sports Hall of Fame. 

4 hours ago, theJ said:

Steve Young was horrible in Tampa though, and would have stayed that way had he stayed. I don't think it's that simple. Especially with quarterbacks. Even if you're talented, you can made to look very average if you're with a terrible team/organization. That being said, it would be difficult to envision now a situation like Young had at that time or Archie Manning had in New Orleans. Even cellar dwellers aren't that incompetent as they used to be. Andrew Luck's talent still shines through as a Colt. If he was a Buccaneer or Saint in the 70s, probably not.

Archived