Report: Giants players are getting frustrated with Eli Manning's performance

DigInBoys

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, I'm criticizing the Giants for passing on a potential franchise QB for a running back. As talented as that running back is, a franchise QB is of far greater importance, obviously. They had the perfect opportunity to draft Eli's future replacement and they passed on that chance. Like I said, it's all good if Lauletta works out, but I wouldn't count on that being the case. Or if they're able to draft a great QB prospect next year, but that's far from a sure thing as next year's QB class looks rather weak at this point in time.

Until then, I'm going to laugh at that Giants for passing on Darnold and Rosen. Unless they find a new franchise QB soon, then it will continue to look like a big mistake.

You're really basing this on a perceived evolution of Rosen and Darnold - which might or might not happen. For the most part, Barkley was a top 10 RB out of the box - nobody really refuted that, he was widely considered the BPA.

I'll say this - I'll prefer Barkley and Justin Herbert/Drew Lock/Will Grier over Darnold/Rosen and Bryce Love 100 times out of 100.

2 hours ago, kramxel said:

I absolutely agree with you, but if they replace Eli with someone else, but still call a zillion checkdowns, it won't change a thing. Playcalling is the #1 problem right now. 

And yeah, Eli is probably #2, with competition from the whole O-line. 

But don't you think that part of the reason they call as many checkdowns as they do is because they don't have the personnel to run anything else outside of saquon and odell?  I gotta think getting a new QB in there will change that, especially if it's a proven guy like Derek Carr 

6 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

But don't you think that part of the reason they call as many checkdowns as they do is because they don't have the personnel to run anything else outside of saquon and odell?  I gotta think getting a new QB in there will change that, especially if it's a proven guy like Derek Carr 

Carr can't handle pressure either. He would be checking down just as much as Eli. 

3 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Carr can't handle pressure either. He would be checking down just as much as Eli. 

Oh I agree, he doesn't have that same poise he had prior to the broken leg.  That's why I said earlier in the thread that making a move for Carr would be contingent on them getting another tackle to solidify the line.  As far as down field throwing goes, he's a much better option than an unknown QB from the draft at this point 

3 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Something else I forgot to mention....

Does he even have the patience to try and develop a young QB? Will he be a cancer to the growth of a rookie QB if Odell is walking off the field or jaw jacking with him on the sideline after the QB misses an easy throw on 3 & 4?

I dunno. Seems like they should have moved on from him. He alone isn't going to win you a Super Bowl regardless of how fun he is to watch. 

They were never going to move on from him because its New York and he sells tickets. That is the bottom line

20 hours ago, lancerman said:

In all seriousness, Eli's the type guy who should be in a Ken Stabler position and wait for 15+ years. He'll probably go in the first year there isn't QB competition.

he should never go guy wasnt even a particularly good qb in his career 

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

You're really basing this on a perceived evolution of Rosen and Darnold - which might or might not happen. For the most part, Barkley was a top 10 RB out of the box - nobody really refuted that, he was widely considered the BPA.

I'll say this - I'll prefer Barkley and Justin Herbert/Drew Lock/Will Grier over Darnold/Rosen and Bryce Love 100 times out of 100.

Exactly my point.  If they're rebuilding which seems to be the case... Then having Eli at QB clearly doesn't mean you're going to lose draft spots.  Meaning you'll be in a position to get a franchise QB in the following draft.  So take BPA.  Which was 100% Barkley.  

13 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

Teams are trotting out Bortles and Eli's corpse while Colin sits on the sidelines, lordy.

is that sarcasm? Lets not pretend that Colin will take them anywhere.

Also there would be to much drama in the room with OBJ and Kap. 

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Of course I am. If I thought they were garbage to mediocre QB prospects, then I wouldn't give the Giants grief for passing on them. But I was and still am very high on both of them, so that's why I feel like the Giants made a mistake.

Say Darnold and Rosen had returned to school, and Josh Allen was the best QB available. Then I absolutely would not have faulted them for taking Barkley. I like Allen, but didn't like him enough to take him in the top 10, let alone top 5. But I viewed both Darnold and Rosen as being legitimate top 3-5 picks.

Just now, DawgX said:

Of course I am. If I thought they were garbage to mediocre QB prospects, then I wouldn't give the Giants grief for passing on them. But I was and still am very high on both of them, so that's why I feel like the Giants made a mistake.

Say Darnold and Rosen had returned to school, and Josh Allen was the best QB available. Then I absolutely would not have faulted them for taking Barkley. I like Allen, but didn't like him enough to take him in the top 10, let alone top 5. But I viewed both Darnold and Rosen as being legitimate top 3-5 picks.

I saw them both as top 10 guys, was fairly high on both - but I thought the moon of Barkley, he's a once in a generation talent in an era where you're finding superbacks in the top 10 on a yearly basis. 

I guess that's where the disagreement will begin and end between us.

Archived