Report: Giants players are getting frustrated with Eli Manning's performance

DigInBoys

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I saw them both as top 10 guys, was fairly high on both - but I thought the moon of Barkley, he's a once in a generation talent in an era where you're finding superbacks in the top 10 on a yearly basis. 

We aren't even close to knowing that. I also really dislike that term being thrown around with authority (see; Luck, Andrew)...

No idea why people keep bringing up the oline. He's a veteran QB getting paid 22million. He should be able to mitigate some deficiencies on offense. That's the entire reason you're paying him as much as he's getting. If he needs an upper tier ol in addition to already great RB and good/decently deep receiving options then he shouldn't be playing.

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

We aren't even close to knowing that. I also really dislike that term being thrown around with authority (see; Luck, Andrew)...

Ok, I might be overselling that part of it, but it's not too far fetched to say he was the unquestioned best player in the draft. 

I see LaDanian Tomlinson when I watch him play, he's a very special player.

Benching Eli isn't even about making the playoffs or being significantly better at this point.

It's about putting a respectable product on the field and fixing a discordant locker room.

OBJ's going off the deep end even more than usual, coach is having meltdowns in the press room etc.

You heard what Aikman was saying about the Giants effort on Thursday, they don't feel like they can win with Eli.

14 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

There's no fixing it now outside of fixing the OL which isn't happening anytime soon. Eli is the definition of a Deer in Headlights when any type of pressure is applied. I've never seen a QB tuck and roll more, Then Eli Manning. 

It's like he's afraid of being touched/hit in a contact sport? As though he's scared if he does take a hit he might end up like Peyton with a neck surgery or concussed with CTE in the future? Damndest thing I've seen in a long time how quickly he folds to avoid contact.

Needs to retire then, I think. Call it a career. Not helped by a poor OL, but that seems irrelevant if he's that scared of getting hit. It's like a boxer who is too scared to leave his defense in order to throw - hang em up.

The "smart" move would be to relegate Eli to backup. Only problems with that idea are......

- there's no viable #2.
- whoever is taking the snaps is gonna get crushed by the rush the same (if not more) than now. The OL stinks real bad.
- they cant crank up a "run first, second....and maybe third" offense - because the OL stinks. Barkley's the lousy OL would eventually gonna catch up to him too.

15 hours ago, showtime said:

Caption this pic.  What is Barkley saying to Odell?  Haha

DpRvua2UYAAxldZ.jpg

Say bruh, you ain't the best player on this team no more. You need to keep yo Scarecrow lookin arse in check bruh, this MY team now. You ain't got no boat, you ain't gonna be beating up no more equipment, you gonna say "please" and "yessir" when you talk to a kicking tee...what, you think this is a game!? Test me, test me bruh. TEST me, I'll take yo head in between my quads and POP yo head off like a grape. I'll get Apple's mama put yo azz in check. I'LL CALL PLAXICO, BRUH. Thas right. MY team now. You betta go do like Tyree and get you HELMET, get the BALL and STFU. Now go call that French Instagram model you was smokin weed and eating pizza with, tell her the NY Hulk Hogan wanna holla...

Archived